Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Giving thanks for random nappy thoughts

Carry on...

These last seven days or so have made me realize 1) how lucky I am to have the time to spend on my hair that I do and 2) that if I want to look good about the head each day then I'm going to HAVE to do a better job of planning for busy weeks like this one.

Otherwise what ends up happening (AGAIN) is that I'm walking around with the back of my head looking like a sheep's butt, which causes me to snatch it back, which incurs more breakage around my already broken-off edges. The fact that I already don't have the tolerance to spend tons of time on my hair when I DO have free time is only exacerbated when I really DON'T have free time to give my hair what it needs.

I realize I'm on the ledge looking down (AGAIN) and who knows how I'll feel next week but right now I'm thinking about stepping back from wash-and-wear styling for a while. I saw Naptural85's recent faux-locs video and I wouldn't mind paying someone to get me that look. Then again I'm liking the idea of getting creative with updos on blown-out hair...trying to avoid the old-lady librarian look.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Giving thanks for random nappy thoughts

Nice

3. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix
    I'm walking around with the back of my head looking like a sheep's butt,
    LOL!!!! Hilarious!!!!

It's time for me to buy some more knit beanies....Actually I need to find the black one I bought a few weeks ago since it "goes with everything"

I promise you, if we can wear beanies at work, I'm going to put my hair in 4 braids and keep going, Celie style.

Co-wash every morning in the winter? Ain't nobody got time for that!!!!

"Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week my hair has been in a protective style.

But it's also been extremely dry.

I really can't afford to neglect my crown.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I finger-combed/regular-combed/brushed at least three months' worth of shed hair out of my head last night. That's another sign that SOMETHING is going to have to change regarding my hair care. I simply have too much hair to half-azz like I've been doing.

Because I love wash-and-gos so much I'm really tempted to get a haircut...not another BC, but just a few inches taken off. That would solve the problem, basically! However, even though I say I'm not stuck on having long hair, my hair is longer than it's ever been and there's a part of me that's still curious to see how far it can get.

So last night I decided to do a blowout following a technique I saw on YouTube. Some of my roots are still coily in spots but for a first try, it came out pretty good. When it's loose, I almost look like everybody's favorite evil witch except I don't have quite as much gray. Also, I can see my red streaks, which don't show themselves as readily when my hair is coily.

What I'd like to do for the next two weeks:
    - Plait every night, being very generous with the oil
    - Take down in the morning and put in an updo that hides the ends
    - Do something moisturizing somewhere in between that doesn't involve wetting/washing the hair (?)

If this works out, I will repeat the process.

Any suggestions on a non-water-based product I can use to smooth down the hairs in front? I've heard good things about Curls Control Paste. I'll be shopping this evening so suggestions are welcome...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

7. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slept with satin foam rollers in the back, and flexi rods in the front. NO PAIN!

Wooooo!!!!!

I put these on the ends when I'm doing "outs". I don't like the look if I twist / braid to the ends or coil it.

Hmm...shall I apply the color....
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about a hair cut.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removed rods and braids. Applied purple cream eyeshadow. Fluffed my black and purple 'do.

Arrived at my house of worship where an acquaintance says hi, and grabs a handful of my hair.

LIKE A REFLEX I pulled my hair outta her hand....She proceeds to ask me in front of ppl how I colored my hair. I ain't tell her.

Frizzing up my already fluffy braidout *side eye*

Just rude.

Don't. Touch. My. Hair!!!!!
    /

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats about as good as it gets for laying down my hair. Actually nothing lays it down but it does submit a little with the paste lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    I'm pretty sure I finger-combed/regular-combed/brushed at least three months' worth of shed hair out of my head last night. That's another sign that SOMETHING is going to have to change regarding my hair care. I simply have too much hair to half-azz like I've been doing.

Because I love wash-and-gos so much I'm really tempted to get a haircut...not another BC, but just a few inches taken off. That would solve the problem, basically! However, even though I say I'm not stuck on having long hair, my hair is longer than it's ever been and there's a part of me that's still curious to see how far it can get.

So last night I decided to do a blowout following a technique I saw on YouTube. Some of my roots are still coily in spots but for a first try, it came out pretty good. When it's loose, I almost look like everybody's favorite evil witch except I don't have quite as much gray. Also, I can see my red streaks, which don't show themselves as readily when my hair is coily.

What I'd like to do for the next two weeks:
    - Plait every night, being very generous with the oil
    - Take down in the morning and put in an updo that hides the ends
    - Do something moisturizing somewhere in between that doesn't involve wetting/washing the hair (?)

If this works out, I will repeat the process.

Any suggestions on a non-water-based product I can use to smooth down the hairs in front? I've heard good things about Curls Control Paste. I'll be shopping this evening so suggestions are welcome...

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

12. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally found a jar after going to four CVS, a Walgreens, a Sally's and a Target. I'm not a huge fan of passion fruit (or fruity-smelling products in general) but if it works, I'll deal.

In order to help me stick to this I'm challenging myself to perfect certain basic styles and techniques. For example, this first week is dedicated to the French roll. Just one YouTube video has changed how I do this style, making it a lot quicker and easier (not to mention better-looking).

I also want to get better hair accessories because I can't stand the cheap plastic stuff that most stores carry. However, I don't want to spend a grip either. YouTuber Sera2544 has a lovely collection of accessories for her hair but I'm guessing they cost a lot...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast