Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: No indictment for Darren Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post
    Non-violence may have gotten MLK killed, but not before he accomplished his mission.
    imo, had his mission been fully accomplished we wouldn't be having this conversation. i understand and admire the idea of finding victory in sacrifice. i'm not saying he died in vain. i would never say that. just that the steps accomplished in the civil rights movement have not lead us quite as far as we need to be.

"...one must understand it is a controlled rage. When a group of people have the option of breaking the bones of a police officer and setting the police officer on fire and instead chooses breaking the windows of a police car and set a police car on fire, this shows a conscious - controlled rage (especially when you have the option to do otherwise). There has not been one fatality during these riots, in fact most (95 percent) of the protesters are doing so peacefully. Have you noticed how the people of Ferguson are dressed? They are dressed to march." - H.J. Williams

Like you, I can't condone the violence. But I can understand that it comes from a place of (justifiable) rage.

...or maybe I'm wrong in my analysis.
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

2. Thanks ~GAN~ thanked for this post
    Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked what Jay Smooth aka Illdoc had to say about this:

Violence isn't the answer but peace hasn't proven to be the answer either quite frankly. And people have rioted and looted for far more trivial reasons i.e. teams winning and/or losing football, basketball and hockey games. University students rioting over homecoming weekends, just b/c....I'm not saying one is better than the other but my gripe about this is more to do with the fact that black people who are also human and do human things (whether right or wrong). Our actions are ALWAYS measured against our race and "we as a people". White people can do this shit for absolutely the dumbest reasons and it's not linked to who they are as a group. It doesn't take away from their humanity. Like, can we just effing live? If ever there was a time I felt like rioting, it would be over continued injustices like this. That's just my imperfect human side talking. I'm not even directly affected by this and I want to punch someone or something. I can't begin to imagine how it feels for those on the ground in Ferguson and the Brown family. When do we ever get to just be regular azz people who are capable of good AND bad, but still deserving of humanity? Why are black people expected to be everybody's magical negro and have some special "rise above" mechanism chip implanted in our very being? And even when black people tirelessly work towards peace it is NEVER enough! You still get killed! UGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I can't.

Also, people act like Martin Luther King's peaceful protests weren't almost always met with police/state violence. And for the MOST part the same thing seems to be happening in Ferguson, yet the media is spinning it like the majority of the time looting and violent confrontations with the police have been taking place. Meanwhile, I have YET to hear about one police officer who has been severely injured during the Ferguson protests. On the other hand, numerous peacefully assembled protesters have been attacked and in many cases badly injured due to police aggression. This is what is outrageous to me. Not the isolated incidents of rioting.
    Last edited by Beautifully Human; 11-28-2014 at 07:33 PM.

4. Thanks ~GAN~ thanked for this post
    Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of black people and rioting.....Don Lemon and his trollin' azz had to get schooled on the history of Black American's and rioting by Jesse Jackson.
    http://iloveblackpeople.net/2014/11/...rant-question/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ He's a pseudo black man. Freakin' idiot!
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

7. Likes MommieDearest liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Lemming irritates me. Deeply. It's like ever since he's come out as gay he feels he can say whatever the heck he wants about black people because his sexual orientation places him in "preferred minority" status and he is automatically immune from mainstream backlash. Of course, backlash from blacks doesn't matter to him because he's "protected" by his bosses.
    He's lucky Jessie didn't come for his narrow behind when he called him "Reverend Al" during the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by underthehood View Post
    imo, had his mission been fully accomplished we wouldn't be having this conversation. i understand and admire the idea of finding victory in sacrifice. i'm not saying he died in vain. i would never say that. just that the steps accomplished in the civil rights movement have not lead us quite as far as we need to be.
    I feel you on this. All I can say is that at least we've made it THIS far. If not for MLK and others who sacrificed for us, we would still be living in Jim Crow Amerikkka. (I understand that in some instances we ARE living the Jim Crow life. My point is that it could be much, much, MUCH worse. ) What we need to do is figure out a way for us TO get where we need to be. Marching won't do it (anymore). Violence is counter-productive. Besides, we are largely out-gunned anyway and if an all-out, full-scale race war jumped off, we'd be wiped out almost instantly. The only answer I can think of is economic warfare. Withholding our dollars and keeping our money in our own communities has the potential to bring the nation's economy to its knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautifully Human View Post

Violence isn't the answer but peace hasn't proven to be the answer either quite frankly. And people have rioted and looted for far more trivial reasons i.e. teams winning and/or losing football, basketball and hockey games. University students rioting over homecoming weekends, just b/c....I'm not saying one is better than the other but my gripe about this is more to do with the fact that black people who are also human and do human things (whether right or wrong). Our actions are ALWAYS measured against our race and "we as a people". White people can do this shit for absolutely the dumbest reasons and it's not linked to who they are as a group. It doesn't take away from their humanity. Like, can we just effing live?
    I agree. When a white person acts out, it's seen as an individual doing something wrong. When a black person acts out, it's seen as an indictment against ALL black people because that ONE act by that ONE person represents us all. It's really effed up. With that said, I think that wrong is wrong, no matter who does it. The 5% of the protestors who were rioting and looting were just wrong, period. I'm more concerned about the real-life harm that they did to other black people, than about what white people think about their actions. To be honest, I don't generally care about what white people do or think. I'm concerned about how our adverse actions affect US. All I know is that if one of those businesses that was looted belonged to me, I wouldn't be so understanding of people's frustration.

Interestingly enough, on the first night of the unrest, I saw a few reports of how some of the 95% were confronting looters and asking them what they were thinking and why they were doing it. In some cases it helped- the looter(s) stopped and left the scene. I also saw a news report where some protestors joined hands and blocked entrance to a black-owned restaraunt located next door to the police station. They were able to prevent looters from destroying it. Those stories did my heart good, and shows what can happen when we decide to help each other.
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautifully Human View Post

And people have rioted and looted for far more trivial reasons i.e. teams winning and/or losing football, basketball and hockey games. University students rioting over homecoming weekends, just b/c....I'm not saying one is better than the other but my gripe about this is more to do with the fact that black people who are also human and do human things (whether right or wrong). Our actions are ALWAYS measured against our race and "we as a people". White people can do this shit for absolutely the dumbest reasons and it's not linked to who they are as a group. It doesn't take away from their humanity.
    BH, this is for you!

I don't give two flying frog legs about white folks effing up themselves and their communities, but I do find it disturbing how their shenanigans are glossed over or handled with kid gloves. You did not see these stories shown in a continuous loop, for DAYS at a time, on HLN, CNN or FOX. Shoot, I had never even heard about most of them.
    .................................................. ..........
    Last edited by MommieDearest; 11-30-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    ~Love the hair you have~

10. Thanks Beautifully Human thanked for this post
    Likes Beautifully Human liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you all think of this video? Its allegedly proof of the SWAT team setting buildings on fire. I still have questions about this...but I'd be willing to bet that they did set some of the buildings on fire.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Hmmm, while I wouldn't put it past them to do something shady like that, I'm not ready to believe it just yet. I need a few more receipts. First of all, I don't think they would be that sloppy to purposely set a fire with their identifiable gear on. They HAVE to know that cameras are everywhere, so they would have dressed like civilians just in case they were spotted. Which brings me to my next point- who was doing the filming?
    ~Love the hair you have~

13. Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. I thought that as well. They would have to know that people would catch them recording them doing that. However, I'm wondering how the buildings caught on fire with so many of them being there. Did they let it happen? I would like to see the time lapse between them being there and then it burning down before I fully believe it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YASSSSS!!!! Bassem Masri was giving me all kinds of life in his exchange with this "journalist." Call their asses out on the hypocrisy and downright biased azz reporting!

16. Thanks ~GAN~, underthehood thanked for this post
    Likes ~GAN~, underthehood liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast