Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: No indictment for Darren Wilson

God bless Bassem and give him the strength to keep doing the amazing work he's doing!

THAT RIGHT THERE is what I call solidarity work between people of colour!!!

----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: No indictment for Eric Garner

No indictment in NYC Eric Garner case.

I'm really @#&^!! pissed off. Don't care what they say Pantaleo is a murderer... using an illegal choke hold. If officers are not allowed to use it, and this officer has a previous history (2 cases including a public strip search in which the individual sued and won); why in the hell does he still have a job and/or roaming the streets? Eric Garner lost his life for selling a loosey - individual cigarette. When there are countless nationalities selling all sorts of things and not harassed. I don't want to hear nothing about "He broke the law" or "He had weight or prior health issues" to justify the rogue officer's behavior. "We didn't know he had previous health issues".... the man is stating HE CAN'T BREATHE. Issue a summons... not kill a man. America (of all races) is stunned and shocked. There must be some written rule not to indict officers and place them among the people they arrest. Where's the justice? The leaders, powers or whoever need to do something. It's open season... and some of us will not be sitting ducks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As many are saying what difference with body cams really make after this?

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

4. Thanks ~GAN~ thanked for this post
    Likes ~GAN~, Beautifully Human liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even get my hopes up this time. This country has been showing us how they feel about black people and I'm tired of trying to vie for their favor or even hope "for the best" in these situations. I hope to see more black businesses emerge. I hope the Charles Barkely's of the world wake up. I hope that black people will start being proud of their melanin despite the whole country seeing it as a curse or threat. My son now knows a cop needs to earn his respect before he freely gives it. Black cops included.

Name:  10809602_990976507582363_1638823314_n.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  21.9 KB
    Last edited by ~GAN~; 12-03-2014 at 11:52 PM.

6. Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't make a difference. Citizens are policing the police, and whether officers wear cameras are irrelevant when it isn't considered. They will tell us... you saw, but what you didn't see B.S. It all boils down to the jury selection (individuals to get officers off) and the questions asked. The jury may have had only one option -- the intent to murder. But if our life/job is on the line, the prosecutor would have given the jury many options to convict on something.... don't come out of deliberation until you do.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ~GAN~ View Post
    I didn't even get my hopes up this time. This country has been showing us how they feel about black people and I'm tired of trying to vie for their favor or even hope "for the best" in these situations.

Subconsciously, I thought no change... but I had a glim of hope.... to indict on something. Our only hope at this point is on a federal level and a new civil rights movement. Thus far there's peaceful protest in NY. I wonder what will happen at the tree lighting ceremony that will be nationally televised. No justice, no peace... No justice, no tree.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

10. Thanks Fuzziwuz, MommieDearest thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra Lafave raped her 14 yr. old student on 4 different occasions & locations and didn't serve any jail time because she was "too pretty". - #CrimingWhileWhite.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    No indictment in NYC Eric Garner case.

I'm really @#&^!! pissed off. Don't care what they say Pantaleo is a murderer... using an illegal choke hold. If officers are not allowed to use it, and this officer has a previous history (2 cases including a public strip search in which the individual sued and won); why in the hell does he still have a job and/or roaming the streets? Eric Garner lost his life for selling a loosey - individual cigarette. When there are countless nationalities selling all sorts of things and not harassed. I don't want to hear nothing about "He broke the law" or "He had weight or prior health issues" to justify the rogue officer's behavior. "We didn't know he had previous health issues".... the man is stating HE CAN'T BREATHE. Issue a summons... not kill a man. America (of all races) is stunned and shocked. There must be some written rule not to indict officers and place them among the people they arrest. Where's the justice? The leaders, powers or whoever need to do something. It's open season... and some of us will not be sitting ducks.
    As if the Mike Brown and Eric Garner cases aren't bad enough, it just came out that the police officer who shot and killed twelve year old Tamir Rice in Cleveland was deemed incompetent at his last job. There is NO WAY he should have been allowed to carry a firearm. I'm so mad right now I can hardly see straight.

Quote Originally Posted by KoilyLocGirl View Post
    Yes, a friend told me about it. Some black people were upset, stating that the white people contributing to the hashtag were "rubbing it in our faces." I think they are simply confirming to "non-believers" that white privilege is real, this stuff happens, and black people aren't making this shyt up. Good for them.
    ~Love the hair you have~

13. Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123