Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Keeping it Fit

Well, it's that time of year again...

2014 wasn't a good year health-wise...I'm heavier than I've ever been (my "fat coat" is now too small for me) and I was put on both blood pressure and high cholesterol medications. I blame it entirely on stress and not dealing well/seriously with it. Getting a job and moving into my own place helped a LOT so now I'm taking stock and seeing what I can do that I can actually stick with. An extra motivation is the fact that I'll be making a couple of major trips next year and I want to be able to get around without tiring out.

This time 10 years ago I was on the South Beach diet and doing a lot of cardio but not a lot of weight training. I lost a lot of weight and then gained it all back and then some. Tomorrow I'm going to start a Whole30 just to get my body right internally, and I'm also going to start walking for exercise. Since I purposely chose to move to an area where I CAN walk to things, I'm going to take advantage of that, while adopting the Scandinavian belief that there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad choices in clothing. When I lived in IA I used to walk from my job to my house: a little over 3 miles. Currently my job is a little over 4 miles from my building so I'd like to get to the point where I can do that walk. I'm also considering joining my local BGR chapter, though I won't be running any time soon.

As for strength training...there's a gym at my job but I'm not sure I want to pay the fee. Wondering if I can come up with a home-based regimen involving kettlebells or dumbbells...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

2. Likes KnottyAuthor, kinkykhick liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lbella girl I remember when you did South Beach and had much success with it, looks like we've been around here for a minute! I'm starting the Whole 30 tomorrow too the one thing about paleo is I find myself eating more greens than I ever do under any other "plan". Here on the other side of 40 too much sugar gives me belly aches along with dairy, not to mention my gut has gotten bigger, lack of sleep and zero workouts means I'm food bingeing and it's going right to my middle....the one thing I have done the past couple weeks is increase my water intake to a min 90 oz a day and have either a kale or spinach smoothie in the am.

I'm really determined to finally put my health first, top of the list in 2015. You worked that Napia, I need a refresher swimming course myself to prep for my scuba diving cert in the future. And swimming is supposed to be one of the best all over body workout there is!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

4. Likes Ororo, LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Hey there fellow oldster... Unfortunately I seem to have had a bad avocado (that's what I'm blaming it on; it's the second one of this batch and I got sick with the first one too; I tossed the other two) so today's been a bad Day 3 tummy-wise. Otherwise, I'm feeling better already.

Also, I used to swim laps *ahem* years ago and it was a great workout. Another thing I'm now within walking distance of is a city pool so I will definitely take advantage of that this summer.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still doing Zumba three times a week and haven't lost any weight

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^If I may:

Add weight training, analyze food intake and/or add something different. Our body get accustomed to regular routine and needs a switch.

8. Thanks Mojito Chica thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clean eat and walk/jog 4-6 times a week, up to 3 1/2 miles but at least 2 1/2. I gotta admit, I slacked off about 6 months ago, but I've only gained 10 pounds back. I lost a total of 72 pounds within 5 1/2 months.

So I've been back on that for about 2 weeks now, and I already feel different. I'm also adding kickboxing 4 times a week to my routine...I can't wait to see myself in 3-4 months.
    Loc journey began: 10/14
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CurlieLocs/

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone :-), been a while. I plan on joining a gym with fitness and weight lifting classes. I'm satisfied with my size, just want a lean body. Currently I wear a size 6 women's.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. Likes Mojito Chica liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently doing yoga a couple of times a week. I'm in school and my weight has gone up since the summer when I was drinking smoothies and eating salads every day. I need to get my diet together and incorporate some cardio.
    I'm Thee Itcha, let me putcha in the pitcha
    The Notorious Tan.Gl.Eee
    hair type 4 thick (density), medium-fine (strand diameter), soft/spongy (texture), (length) 9-12 inches, shrinkage 60-80%, (curl size) pen spring to pencil size, highly porous, low elasticity

Thank you for PANKING me!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lost 10 pounds so far...watching my food intake and upping the cardio. We've got a treadmill, so that's great motivation.

14. Likes Mojito Chica liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123