Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Being thin didn't make me happy......

did somebody really eat my spinach I left in the fridge?? Guess I need to carry a cooler and keep it under my desk...anyhoo I'm off Monday which is MUCH needed....I'm using the 80/20 rule....eating clean 80% of the time and if I have something not so clean 20% of the time I THOROUGHLY ENJOY it and keep it moving. No guilt sessions or pizza, cheesecake binges. It's weird now that I know that nothing is 100% off limiits it's easier for me to eat clean the majority of the time...funny how that works.....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so I'm almost 30 days into focusing on planning and prepping my meals and while I loathed brussel sprouts and beets as a kid, I'm enjoying them now! I've found if I'm satiated and the food is flavorful I'm less likely to go on a sugar binge and actually now that spring has sprung the warm(er) weather causes me to gravitate towards lighter fare. Plus I'm back downtown and can go sit by the fountains on Penn Avenue at lunch and soak up some sun

It was warm enough this past Saturday that I got back out on the trail for a 30 min walk/jog and it felt SO GOOD being out there, can't wait for my beginning runner class to start next Monday!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

3. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 8 weeks of nutritional counseling is over, it was really a springboard to building a lifestyle rather than some quick fix...I didn't lose any pounds but did lose 2 inches from my waist and my body fat went down a little. I consider that a WIN! I know what foods give me that quick "Dr. Feelgood" and then an hour later I'm not only still hungry but feel like crap. And I've gone from just kale and spinach as my greens to brussel sprouts, chard, arugula, collards and bok choy. In fact greens are now the first thing on my plate and then I add some lean protein, some good fat and keep it moving. I think I'm going to start loving this life afterall, not the least bit deprived because there is nothing I CAN'T eat, I just focus on what I CAN and by then I'm full and no room in my tummy for junk!

5. Likes 7VeriRasta7 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12