Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default We Need Another African-American President

President Obama has broken ground. Yet, many people in this country are still not used to an AA president. We need another one to set the "tone" so that people in this country will see that an AA president is reality, not just a possibility here and there. I've heard that he may be the last AA president this country will have, and that is not true.

To be honest, I don't care what party he/she belongs to as long as he/she can build up our communities through education so that we can become economically independent.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: We Need Another African-American President

I'm very skeptical/cynical/bitter at this point but I'll go along with this...

Right now the AAs I see who are most likely to try for a run at the White House are Republicans: Ben Carson, possibly Allen West, possibly that guy (senator?) from South Carolina. Problem is, all of them have proven that they are more than willing to throw black people under the bus to appease their constituency. Throwing black people under the bus is as American as apple pie...and IF anything were to change in the education and/or economic sectors, black people will get the crumbs as always. And folks think Obama catered to Wall Street...a Republican president will set up his second home on Wall Street...it won't matter what his color is.

On the Democrat side, the only person that's popping up in my mind is Cory Booker but his being an AA Democrat will automatically trigger shivers of "Obama Jr." in these crazy Republicans' minds.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditto to everything Lbella said....IMHO when black men become Republicans and get to rubbing elbows with the good ole boys they lose their minds. I'm not holding out hope for the next election, I'm focusing on getting out of debt so if the bottom does drop out in this country I can sustain myself and won't have to worry about not having enough saved to survive.
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem I have with many black Republicans is when they try this kind of foolishness. They go out of their way to prove what "good Negroes" they are.

*PETTINESS ALERT*

This trick here... is such an idiot. By appearing on FAUX Noise she's doing EXACTLY what she accuses Michelle Obama of doing. Heffa needs to leave FLOTUS alone and worry about replacing the struggle muskrat that's slapped on her head.
    ~Love the hair you have~

5. Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post
    The problem I have with many black Republicans is when they try this kind of foolishness. They go out of their way to prove what "good Negroes" they are.

*PETTINESS ALERT*

This trick here... is such an idiot. By appearing on FAUX Noise she's doing EXACTLY what she accuses Michelle Obama of doing. Heffa needs to leave FLOTUS alone and worry about replacing the struggle muskrat that's slapped on her head.
    Lady needs to sit down somewhere and see. Because Michelle, unlike many black people who succeed, isn't pretending that racism doesn't exist because "look at me", she pulling this garbage? Check out the number of times the word "probably" is used. She's doing nothing but guessing about positive discrimination being the reason for any success Michelle has had. Because what? A black woman can't be credited with their own success?

She isn't black, she's pure green.

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeBe View Post
    Lady needs to sit down somewhere and see. Because Michelle, unlike many black people who succeed, isn't pretending that racism doesn't exist because "look at me", she pulling this garbage? Check out the number of times the word "probably" is used. She's doing nothing but guessing about positive discrimination being the reason for any success Michelle has had. Because what? A black woman can't be credited with their own success?

She isn't black, she's pure green.

DeBe
    Well, this is FAUX News. They never let the facts get in the way of a great story!
    ~Love the hair you have~

8. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have a Republican BLACK president than a Democrat white president. At least with a black president, he will remember where he comes from because he will be discriminated against just like President Obama. He will see that though he's the most powerful man in the world, he'll be slapped down due to racism and wake up. He will then call attention to the mistreatment of black people not just in this country but world wide. He will have the power due to his position to make change happen as only a black man can. My hope is that with enough black presidents(Republican, Democrat, or Independent), one of them will have a PREDOMINANTLY BLACK cabinet.

One black Republican I know had this wake up call. He was one of the showcase blacks until even people on his own committee began to undermine him. Then he turned black on them and changed (positive, of course) alot of things in the department where he worked. He was qualified for the job, but the committee thought he would be their "boy." He is still a Republican; just needed a wake up call.

I have experienced that the most racist people are white Democrats who claim to help blacks, but keep us back. Even while Clinton was governor of Arkansas, he STILL HAD THE CONFEDERATE FLAG waving over the Arkansas state house. Before Obama was President, Senate leader Harry Reid let his racism come through with certain words. Even Obama's VP said something racist about him.. Don't apologize--it was already in your heart and that's why you said it.

I'm not concerned about a black Republican president; it's the white Democrats who'll stab black people in the back every time.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darkbread, I hear you re white Democrats. I don't know much about Bernie Sanders but I'm glad he's in there if for no other reason than there will be somebody else besides Hillary to check out.

How-EVER, re black Republicans...I remember when Clarence Thomas was first being considered for the Supreme Court and black folks were all like "Yeah! We need a BLACK MAN to fill up Thurgood Marshall's spot!" but some of us (Leon Higginbotham is the most prominent person that comes to mind) were like...have y'all seen his record? And this was BEFORE Anita Hill came out with her accusations. Higginbotham and others also said "Remember where you come from" but in the 20+ years that Thomas has been on the bench it seems he's fine marching right behind Scalia. Unfortunately some of us are so used to snatching whatever bone is thrown at us...I remember the accusations Anita Hill got from BLACK FOLKS...bet a lot of those folks wish they'd kept their mouths shut now.

In general the American political system is f***ed up...I vote because I'm aware of my place in history but I understand why a lot of folks don't.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

11. Thanks MommieDearest thanked for this post
    Likes MommieDearest liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not that confident at a black Republican will "remember" where he or she came from as much as they'll take a hard Libertarian right or be super Conservative: Condi, Clarence Thomas and many others named in this thread are just that. The only one I would have had confidence in is General Colin Powell. He has no interest in running and is too old now even if he did want to run.

We'll have another black president, but I think we're going to have a break before another one comes along. Maybe Cory Booker, but he's got to get some more time under his belt. Maybe Kamila Harris who is coming up now in California is a possibility, but at 50 she might be too old too.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

13. Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic View Post
    ...We'll have another black president, but I think we're going to have a break before another one comes along. Maybe Cory Booker, but he's got to get some more time under his belt. Maybe Kamila Harris who is coming up now in California is a possibility, but at 50 she might be too old too.
    My concern with "a break before another one comes along" is that we as a people will just be satisfied with one black president. During this break, other presidents who won't represent us will come, and throw us a bone. Then we'll be like we were with the Clintons.
    I understand where you're coming from w/the other named Republicans. However, I still prefer them, including Thomas, than a white Democrat. At least as our children grow up, they will be used to seeing dark skinned people in positions of national authority. It's better than having those positions "lily white" and no hope of getting in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast