Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking of going back to Criminal Justice

Let me just start by saying I'm n to exactly sure what kinds of questions to be asking her

The first time I went back to school as an adult, my major was criminal justice, then nursing, then culinary arts, and now I'm back to wanting to go back to criminal justice (I know I have a decision problem...working on it). I've always wanted to work with troubled youth... I don't know why, but teens naturally respond to me. Either that, or being a victim's advocate, but I've been told both that I don't need schooling for that and that I do, so I'm confused.

Does anyone here work in that career field? What are the best and worst parts? If I go to school for it, what should I expect? How much time do you spend actually doing legal work versus actually being involved with youth?
    Loc journey began: 10/14
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CurlieLocs/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thinking of going back to Criminal Justice

Quote Originally Posted by MzHoneyLocs View Post
    Let me just start by saying I'm n to exactly sure what kinds of questions to be asking her

The first time I went back to school as an adult, my major was criminal justice, then nursing, then culinary arts, and now I'm back to wanting to go back to criminal justice (I know I have a decision problem...working on it). I've always wanted to work with troubled youth... I don't know why, but teens naturally respond to me. Either that, or being a victim's advocate, but I've been told both that I don't need schooling for that and that I do, so I'm confused.

Does anyone here work in that career field? What are the best and worst parts? If I go to school for it, what should I expect? How much time do you spend actually doing legal work versus actually being involved with youth?
    Have you thought about becoming a CASA volunteer? link: http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/....BE9A/Home.htm
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thinking of going back to Criminal Justice

there's something to be said for doing what you love. It's a blessing to want to work with our youth....met a woman in church yesterday who is 70 and looked every bit of 40.She started working with crack addicted babies at the young age of 49 and has seen many of them reconciled to their birth mothers, gone on to college, etc....anyhoo didn't mean to highjack the thread but I just think it's a wonderful calling go for it! I have nothing to add about CJ but I'm sure other ladies do, there are some awesome, accomplished women on this board which is why 12 years in I'm still LOVING IT! And I can't remember the last time I talked about hair...lol...
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

4. Likes Ororo liked this post