Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newbie Roll Call

Hello..
    Ive been natural for 15 years now and had locs for 13 of those years. I recently cut them and combed them out and am ready to enjoy my natural hair in its loose state.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to you. Maintaining natural hair after a relaxer can be a challenge but once you find the right hair products and get to know your hair, it will make the transition easier. I’ve started making y own hair products from all natural herbal remedies such as aloe vera and Shea butter and I always add essential oils such as peppermint, rosemary, castor and tea tree oils which research has shown to help stimulate hair growth.

I’ve made detailed videos on my YouTube channel demonstrating how I make and use these natural hair products so feel free to tune into my channel.

It’s Holistic Beauty RN

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EgunNiwa1920 View Post
    Hello..
    Ive been natural for 15 years now and had locs for 13 of those years. I recently cut them and combed them out and am ready to enjoy my natural hair in its loose state.
    Congrats to you. Maintaining natural hair after a combing out your lox’s can be a challenge but once you find the right hair products and get to know your hair, it will make the transition easier. I’ve started making my own hair products from all natural herbal remedies such as aloe vera and Shea butter and I always add essential oils such as peppermint, rosemary, castor and tea tree oils which research has shown to help stimulate hair growth.

I’ve made detailed videos on my YouTube channel demonstrating how I make and use these natural hair products so feel free to tune into my channel.

It’s Holistic Beauty RN

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings.

I don’t know how I missed Napturality all these years, but I’m glad to have found you. I recently learned about this site from Kera Taur at Holistic Locs. She’s amazing. She mentioned that Nappturality was really the only resource she found in the early ‘00s when she was starting her loc journey.

I have had locs since January 2007, my only set. I was natural (short fade) for 10 years prior. From the start, I had them religiously maintained by a loctition every 6-8 weeks. Then Covid struck.

I’ve started to reevaluate my loc journey now that I can’t/won’t go to the salon - and I know I'm not alone. I realize that I don’t want to go back on the retwist train. I want to approach my locs freely, naturally, and organically going forward. It’s time - and it took a pandemic for me to come to this realization. Of course, one can do that with retwisting but for me right now, that’s not the way. I’m excited for this reawakening as I’m remembering why I became natural in the first place.

And I’m glad this reawakening led me here. Good to meet you all.

Lola

5. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbies and reAwakeners, check in here!
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456