Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hillary has announced her candidacy for 2016

Check out the video

So...now what? Does she have a real shot at winning? What are your thoughts?
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hillary has announced her candidacy for 2016

I'm tired of dynasties, to be honest, and I was never a huge fan of her or her husband (gasp) especially after how they tried to take down Obama in the 2008 campaign. I'm told Elizabeth Warren is refusing to run...if I was going to have a white woman president, I'd rather it be her.

Sorry...your question was "Does she have a real shot at winning?" It's too early to tell IMO.
    It's 2020...do you know where you're going to?

3. Likes meagan22, Cutie McPretty, Serbbral liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on who the Republican candidate is, and if the other Democrat candidates fall away, she actually may have a real shot at winning. But I don't trust her-never will. Didn't like her husband either. Both are crackers in my opinion. Personally, I hope she doesn't become the first woman president of the U.S. There are better women candidates.

5. Likes Cutie McPretty, Serbbral liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. Maybe not.

There is something to declaring early and making other candidates catch up to you. We'll see if it works for her. I mean 8 years ago it seemed like she had it and then Obama came in, got the party really excited, and that was that. Politics aren't pretty, so I can actually forgive the in-party mud-slinging. Plus, SNL will have the best skits for four years guaranteed ever if she wins.

I want Warren to get into the race to move Hilary a bit more to the progressive lane, but it will really hinge on who the Republicans come with and with the Republican party game plan as a whole.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warren has made it clear that she is not going to run, and to be honest, even though the Republican hopefuls are all weak, I don't know of any other Democrat besides Clinton who is strong enough definitely to beat any of them.

I was never really enamored with Bill. (It still makes my skin crawl to think of him being referred to as the "first black president" back in the day. UGH...) He's a slickster snake and always has been. However, I voted for him both times and I was doing the best economically during his administrations.

I don't, never have and never will trust any politician. ANY. They ALL lie, or tell you what they think you want to hear while planning to do the opposite. Obama included. (How many folks know how he threw Alice Palmer under the bus to get "elected" senator in the beginning of his political career? Not to mention how he helped bail out big bankers and corporations after the "Great Collapse.")

When it comes to politics and voting, particularly with the two party system, it always comes down to choosing the lesser of the evils. Hillary is definitely cut-throat, but I would much rather have her in office than any fool the Republicans offer up. With Hillary, the worst that can happen is that everything will stay as is. If a Republican gets in, we will go into a downward spiral with a quickness, and they will continue trying to "reverse the clock" on civil rights. What we must remember is that the most important thing the president does is appoint Supreme Court Justices. We have two who are due to retire within the next few years. The very thought of a Republican getting in office and appointing their replacements frightens me something awful. I hope and pray that the American people don't let that happen.
    Last edited by MommieDearest; 04-17-2015 at 03:41 AM.
    ~Love the hair you have~

8. Thanks Ororo, Scribetastic thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Would not be surprised if they did, unfortunately.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary Clinton has a shot, but only if voters let go of their hang ups.

We need to be really serious about who we hire for a leader. Thus far Hillary Clinton is the most qualified. My decision is based on experience only... not by emotion, gender or political party.

RE: Hang ups: The trust issue. Really... how many politicians and lawyers do we trust? Am I supposed to trust the front leader on the republican side? #2 - Gender. Folks won't say it, but many don't think a woman can lead this country. If we were employers, we'd want the best candidate with experience to represent and lead. As employees, if we're the best, we don't want to be passed over due to gender. I sort of expect men to discriminate, but it's troublesome when we search for small things to discredit. #3 - Dynasty leadership. I heard and agree with Barbara Bush, but after the Clintons. #4 - Emails - In the words of Bernie Sanders ... "Enough already. We're tired of hearing about emails". People need to have something more concrete. Frankly, I don't understand the fear. Is she going to clean house? Are we going to get a 2 for 1 with a possibility of having a good economy out of national debt? What? The bottom line... who can get the job done, represent this country and abroad take us seriously? Today... Hillary Clinton.

12. Thanks Ororo thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Tweet ever re us and Hillary.

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/717558776748855296

But in all seriousness, I'll vote for Hillary or Bernie. There is no way I'd vote Republican.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I obviously will not vote for Hillary. For some reason, she has been able to blackmail or buy off the Super Delegates, even though most democratic voters are supporting Bernie. I will vote for Bernie or write in someone. At this point, as long as Hillary isn't president, I don't care.
    http://www.salon.com/2016/02/28/the_...ts_must_avoid/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast