Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My head is to big for a TWA

Would you rock a TWA even if your head was too big. I have a tiny little head in size, but a big forehead (story of my life) so it doesn't balance. To help out with that, I grew out my TWA, but all I do is keep it in an afro puff. Not only that, I can't and don't want to keep up with maintenance of my styling and conditioning my longer hair. I want my TWA back, but i don't want to look like a fool either. What would you do? I'll try to scrounge up a picture to help express my embarrassing dilemma.

Editing to say, no I can't wear earring. I've had my ears pierced a total of 7 times. Yes, I did say 7. Apparently I am a mutant with super healing powers, within a matter of days the holes will heal without earrings to keep them open. The last pair I wore for 2 yrs straight (had to clean around them). Decided to look cute and bought some cheap-but fabulous- looking earrings. My ears lobes became swollen and painful so, I had to remove them. I have not attempted piercing number 8, not sure if I want to.
    Last edited by simplesalafisis; 05-04-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about afro puff with bangs?
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My head is to big for a TWA

I have yet to meet a person whose head was too big for a TWA. Yes, I'm serious.

A TWA doesn't have to be all one length. A good barber can shape it to match your face shape.

As for your forehead...well, unless you can hide it with bangs (which requires some length) any short haircut you get will put your forehead front and center. You could look at this as an opportunity to love one more piece of your entire lovable self...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have to wear a hat or helmet as part of a uniform, I don't see how your head can't wear a TWA. As Lbell says, find a talented barber or hair stylist who can give you a cut that will flatter your shape.

We all have parts of ourselves that we like less, personally that only lasts when I look in a mirror, when I step away: out of sight, out of mind. Trust me, no one is scrutinizing you like you do.

As for earrings: have you been wearing real gold or cheap metals? Maybe you're allergic to the latter.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ladies, I guess this is a time for me to embrace my 'big 'ol forehead'. Its like you say Karibana, out of sight out of mind then I glance and the mirror and wonder if its what everyone sees. My bangs look like I've touched an electric ball in the local science museum. I can't seem to keep them down, natural, stretched or even when it was relaxed.

I can only wear solid gold for earrings. I tried sterling silver also, but it caused a reaction as well as the cheap metals.