Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napia's Random Workout Thoughts... Where is everybody?

So I registered for another half marathon in late September...

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    Kari this is crazy! So how did you do?
    A lot better then I expected considering the fact that I only do yoga for physical strentgh. I still hate the burpee run but otherwise, even the sandbag drag didn't bother me. Our higher ups may be right in thinking that our test is too easy, if you fail this you are either beyond hope, you did it on purpose, you have an unknown injury or you are a very short/skinny girl.
    Last edited by Karibana; 06-26-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

2. Likes Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slept in far too long and had a taste for pancakes but had a green protein smoothie instead, I'll probably have another and then a salad for dinner but looking forward to not counting calories and just resetting for the week ahead food wise.
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for the issue with my tooth to be resolved. These pain meds are sapping my strength, I'm always sleepy and also sapping my desire energy to workout. Doesn't help that I'm having the period from hell, which means I can't get in the pool and I dare not go running outside. But I think I can pull off a run on the treadmill in the house.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 06-28-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't happen to often but dayum I did not want to do anything yesterday. But I had to cause I could not go longer than seven days without doing anything. Otherwise I fear my fitness level will start dropping off. So much pain medicine in my system, ended up sleeping almost all day. At noon, I got up and put my workout clothes on but then I laid down on the couch and promptly fell asleep. At 9 pm I forced myself on the treadmill. Got in 30 minutes of running with 15 minutes of walking. Today was a swim day. Start my 10k training tomorrow.

On a good note, I didn't have to take one pain med today. I thing that friggin nerve finally died. Possible root canal tomorrow. If that happens I'm pretty sure my day is a bust.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being fit being put to practical use: able to sprint a block to the bus stop. One afternoon after getting off from work, I catch the bus and get off at the transfer point. On my way to the next bus stop two blocks away, I look behind me and spot my next bus being held at the corner by a red light.

Crap, I'm literally BETWEEN stops! So I immediately take off at a full sprint for an entire block. When I got to my stop, I looked back, and the bus was still at the light two blocks away. But I wasn't even winded and that's with a heavy gym bag on my shoulder! I was both amazed and shocked that my 54 year old body could move like that, lol.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 06-30-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    June 24th

7. Likes Ororo, Dovechild20 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Root canal in the morning and 3.5 miles in the afternoon. Slighly woozie on pain meds so i had no expections other than listening to my body and calling it quits if I had to. Got into a good rhythm and pace and literally took the run step by step. So now that thst run is sufficiently under my belt, i feel good about saying I am training for my first 10K.

Yay me!

#Beast mode
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 07-01-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wednesday's four mile run was hard. Ache in my left thigh slowed me down a bit. Had to come home and slather on some Icy hot and put on some long pants before going to bed.

Got up early Thursday morning and called in to work to take the day off so I could hang out with my sis and niece and mom. Didnt realize that Friday was our paid holiday. Now I'm gonna have a four-day long weekend. Woohoo! Knee was also stiff from yesterday's run so I hit the pool. Got in a lot oif stretching and 150 yards of swimming. Hung out with the fam and then did a p.m. run. Doing three miles had gotten to be relatively easy but three consecutive days of running has taken it's toll. Ache in left thigh, stitch in my right side (gas pain I think) made this run super hard. I could barely walk home after yesterday's run. I was so stiff, sore, hot and sweaty all i could do was wash up, turn on a fan and crawl into bed. My feet and legs ached so badly i didnt want to turn over or get up and go to the bathroom. Finally did about 4:30 am and actually feel much better. However, my left leg is very tight so I gotta get in the pool this morning. According to my training schedule today is a rest day from running and I will gladly take it lol!
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 07-03-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    June 24th

10. Likes ValleyOfDecision liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completed a Couch To 5K earlier this year with SparkPeople. I now run 2-3 times per week; it's slow-going, but I like it and I look forward to the day when I can run at least a half-marathon. Weight loss is still slow-going, but hopefully the running will now give it a boost. I also plan to return to kickboxing once per week, just to switch things up a bit.
    "The backlash against bone-straight hair can't come quickly enough: I like my hair with its Afro personality intact." --Hannah Pool, journalist

12. Likes Ororo, Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyOfDecision View Post
    I completed a Couch To 5K earlier this year with SparkPeople. I now run 2-3 times per week; it's slow-going, but I like it and I look forward to the day when I can run at least a half-marathon. Weight loss is still slow-going, but hopefully the running will now give it a boost. I also plan to return to kickboxing once per week, just to switch things up a bit.
    awe congrats and welcome to the world of running. Try not dwell on weight loss, it will come with your lifestyle change. I'd been on a weight loss plateau for about a year. It was so discouraging. The old me would have given up and made a permanent reach for every unhealthy food on the planet and stopped exercising as well. The new me says i have to keep going no matter what. And i did. And my body finally cooperated with about a eight pound drop.

As for running, consistency is the key along with listening to your body. Taking rest days are just as impotant so you body can recover. Right now, mine is screaming recover. Doing swimming and stretching in the pool is the best thing ever.

As time goes on just find other things that you enjoy doing so you don't get board.

Good luck!
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went running on the 4th; it wasn't pretty. Humidity is a bitćh. after the first mile i had to stop and walk. I haven't had to walk on a three-mile run in a long time. The whole time I just felt like I couldn't breathe. Had to walk /run mile two. Then walking made my sciatic nerve pain flare up. Decided to walk to the bus stop then remembered buses don't run on the holiday. Would have to walk back very slowly. After about a block, the pain went away, and I was able to get another mile in.

Sunday was supposed to be a run day, but my legs begged me not to. Ended up doing a back breaking, eight-hour gardening project. Heat and humidity I continue to curse you! But i got it done any way.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 07-07-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    June 24th

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast