Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napptural Thoughts Are The Randomest

Washed my hair today, and I realized that I was out of castor oil when it was time to seal my moisturizing conditioner. I rummaged trough the cabinets and found some body massage oil.

The top 5 ingredients: water, glycerin, sweet almond oil, sunflower oil and awapuhi (whatever THAT is..). I said what the heck and tried it. Made my hair SUPER SOFT.

I can't wait until it dries so I can see how my twist-out turns out.
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Flops in* Haven't been here in ages. I've decided that I'm going to STOP cutting my hair and just let it grow out. I want to see how big it can get. I purchased some henna a few days ago and that should arrive in the mail tomorrow. I need to remember that it's a no-no to attempt to put my hair in a bunnytail when it's dry.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress with co-washing: Still going. My hair does feel better than it did last month, but I DID break down and shampoo after a moment of rushing and added more product to revive my hair instead of co-washing. But, I co-washed and deep conditioned last night, so my hair is back to normal.

Aaaaaaaand I'm leaning towards locs. Again. Because why not?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Now that I've tried both sodium bentonite and calcium bentonite I think I'm going to stick with the calcium bentonite for my hair and the sodium bentonite for my face.

2) Speaking of face (really, body): I bought another, slightly larger bottle of Dr. Bronner's peppermint. I'm really liking it as a body wash...it helps wake me up.

3) In addition to switching back to calcium bentonite, today was one of those "do what works" days: I used my diluted HE HH/AVJ mix as a leave-in, applied KCCC as my styler, and let my hair air-dry. It'll probably last about 3 days but it looks fan-f***ing-tastic.

4) I'm actually looking forward to my salon appointment in a couple of weeks. I think I'm going to taper the sides and back down a little further while still keeping most of the length on top. I'm guessing she may also have the new Deva products designed for Afro-textured hair that I saw at Sephora the other day; if so I'd like to try them.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plaits hair to stretch overnight.

Hair still only 50% dry in morning.

Gives up, wears wash and go instead.

Resigns to wearing updos for the rest of the week.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have any more tea! I drank it all so I had to use coffee as my acid for my henna. Let me tell ya, my hair isn't shedding as much now. Forget the tea rinses, I'm going for coffee from now on.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine showed me a woman with natural hair getting a bayalage treatment. *sigh* The color looked nice on her, but it looked SO FLAT. With no dimension. In all fairness, the true result may be lost to me ON VIDEO and may very well look better in person. But at first glance, it looks like the stylist just spent a bunch of time applying mahogany dye with a sponge only for it to look like a single color process. Bayalage goes for $140 (as quoted by a salon in my area). If I'm going to drop that much money on a treatment, I may as well get ACTUAL highlights or ombre. I don't get the hype for bayalage. My friend may be slightly butthurt I don't like it because she's said NOTHING to me after I said it looked "basic" to me. Oh well.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've now got sort of a semi-undercut...it's less than half an inch long about a inch up from the hairline (sides and back) and then tapers out. She also took some off the top. It's kind of punk, which I like. She also used the new Deva line on me, which I have to say I don't like as much. I will probably rinse tomorrow just to see if any of it sticks (the conditioner, Supercream styler, and gel) and if it doesn't I'll just put my own products in. Very much looking forward to it NOT taking very long!

As I was telling her: At this point I've done pretty much everything with this hair and now I just want to be able to wash and go and have it look good.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

9. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meagan22 View Post
    Bought a sample of Hair One cleansing conditioner because I was curious. Is it really any different than co-washing with Hello Hydration (with a few add-ins)? I guess I'll find out on my next wash day...
    I forgot I had this conditioner until I found it earlier today

It was certainly minty/tingly and had great slip. It's been a while but it doesn't seem to me that my hair is any cleaner or softer than using HH shampoo and conditioner together or co-washing with another cone conditioner.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cut my hair to a twa after the second kid. That was six months ago and she is almost seven months now. I want my hair back, but who am I fooling. I only have enough time to wash and go and at least the twa requires a shower everyday so I get a little "time out" for that. Hopefully by the time it grows out the little one will be older and I'll have more time to twist , wash , style, deep condition and experiment. Until then, I will work on enjoying the ease of no hair (wow, that was random &#128512

12. Likes Claire76, Ororo liked this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast