Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napptural Thoughts Are The Randomest

1) Thanks to Amazon, I have officially become that person who owns 6 bottles of one brand of conditioner: VO5 Free Me Freesia, one of the best pre-shampoo detanglers I've ever used, the only VO5 conditioner that's ever worked for me in ANY kind of way, and one that nobody within a 50-mile radius of my house has on their shelves. At $20 for the six we're talking about at least a 100 percent markup (?) but I'll take it.

2) A woman who's always kind of side-eyed my hair saw my new haircut and her jaw literally dropped. Once she picked it up again, she was full of questions of the "how did you get it to do that?" variety. Me being the nicey-nice that I am, I told her. *shrug*

Later I remembered how, when I was relaxed and living in Chicago, I would do what the magazines recommended and ask someone on the street where they got their hair done, and the answer always was, "My sister does it" or "My cousin does it" or some sort. Me being the nicety-nice-nice that I was back then, I assumed they were telling me the truth. It didn't occur to me until later (when I saw this in action and overheard other women say they'd done it too) that some of them might have withheld their stylist's real information on purpose. I don't know if I'll ever understand petty, small-minded women. What is the harm in sharing good information?
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

3. Likes Claire76, MommieDearest liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Hair is in two strand twist.Its almost always in two strand twist.I had a twist out last week.I was really feeling it.My 12 year old daughter was not.But strange black men were.I dont know how my husband felt about it.I dont think he likes my big hair.He really likes my two strands and had his hands in my hair tonight.I really need to start oiling my scalp with natural oil& deep conditioning.I am really terrible with it.One day im going to go to the stores and load up on natural hair styling tools and products.I am not really feeling my two strand twist.I think im going to unravel them for another twist out.
    Product Junkie. kinky, thick, frizzy 4c, 12 inch hair .My son is now 5 yrs old.My daughters are natural too.16&12i went natural when my youngest daughter was a year or two years old.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting that I should be wearing "short-ish" hair coming up on my 20th nappiversary. Prior to going natural I was one of the many black women who chased after hair growth and believed that her hair type (what I used to call "garden-variety nappy") was lacking something that other hair types had. Three weeks after my first BC (which was a near-baldie) I had to go get it "cleaned up" because it had grown so much. That cured me forever of the notion that so-called "black" hair doesn't grow.

It's now been three weeks since my semi-undercut haircut and my sides and back are filling in pretty quickly. On the one hand I'd like to be able to maintain them myself (helloooo, YouTube! lol) but on the other hand it would probably save me more time in the long run to just find a barber who can do it quickly.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

6. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is getting wavier/straighter as I get older just like my mom's did. Interesting. (Afro straight/ Snapps, not like euro-straight hair)
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel View Post
    My hair is getting wavier/straighter as I get older just like my mom's did. Interesting. (Afro straight/ Snapps, not like euro-straight hair)
    My mom too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too thick and way too heavy. Time to cut this mess into shape (<-- remember when this was one of the smiley options? )

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only cut from 1/2" to 3/4" in my locs yet you'd think I took off about a couple of inches. Not complaining though, the shrinkage at my loose roots is giving me a nice shape.

I see it with my mom too. And looking at my grandma's picture when she was young to what I remember when I knew her when she was in her 70s, it happened to her hair as well but in her case, it got very soft, probably because my great grandmother was mixed.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my mom stopped listening to my dad and let her hair grow long enough I think she might have some of this going on as well. As it stands, I have a kinda-sorta tuft of wavy white hair starting in the back top, which IMO is one of the worst places to have a tuft of wavy white hair when the rest of your hair is black and brown coils and kinks. Why couldn't it have been at the center of my nape? *grumble*

Anyway...last week, after weeks of clay washing without deep conditioning, I gave myself a proper (sulfate-free) shampoo followed by my favorite protein and moisture DCs in succession. I followed up with the Marc Anthony curl cream and curl stretch, and then let my hair get about 50 percent dry before applying a small amount of gel (WetLine Xtreme mixed with S-Curl) in large sections. During the week I very lightly wet my hair and, if needed, reapplied a little bit of gel to my ends. I'm going to credit both the DCs and the Marc Anthony leave-ins for keeping my hair in such a good-looking state this week.

On Thursday, my neighbor gave me a travel-size bottle of the Hello Hydration Naked Volume Conditioner and I decided to co-wash with it on Friday just for the hell of it. Never could have told me that Afro hair, which already has volume, could get more of it via a conditioner but...it sure did. It also has a really nice herbal scent. Damn...I may have to investigate this stuff further. The product junkie lives...

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could've quite possibly fallen down the stairs, while mesmerized by a beautiful head full of natural hair....Luckily, there was a railing....
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

13. Likes AStone liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast