Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Napptural Thoughts Are The Randomest

Carry on.

Tried the Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Cream on my week old wash and go. LOTS of definition, but would probably look a lot better if I wash my hair. Should twist it up anyway...

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napptural Thoughts Are The Randomest

I should wash my scalp today, but I"m scurred that I'll have to redo.

The 2 week old mini twists have held up rather well, quelle suprise! Hope that I can wear 2 more weeks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you leave your homemade hair mix on the counter for a couple of days, it absolutely will turn

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PICC line came out yesterday! No more restrictions on washing and bathing so I'm celebrating today with a home spa day. WooHOOOOOOO!!!!!
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

5. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, the Aloe Whipped cream is actually pretty nice. My hair is defined anf moisturized but I have a ton of shrinkage (what I get for applying on soaking wet hair) and frizz (again, wet hair). I might get the Curl Maker and the leave in today. CRN has a pretty good price point too: $15 to $20, give or take a few dollars depending where it's sold.

Bought more Garnier Damage Eraser conditioner too. I do like the way my hair feels after using it.

I also need to think up a twisting routine...

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So yeah...I went into Ulta this weekend looking for new hair products to try. I had originally gone into Bed Bath and Beyond because my friend said they had hair products now and that with a coupon I might score a really good deal, but the BB&B I went to didn't have that section. So since there were dollars in my pocket saying BUY HAIR PRODUCTS NOW and there was an Ulta up the street, I went there.

After perusing the high-end product aisles and not seeing anything jumping out at me, I went to the lower end product aisles and -- after a quick two-minute scan of product reviews on Google; what EVER did we do before smartphones? -- ended up buying two products from the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls line: Stretch and Curl Cream. Because I'd only seen a handful of reviews from type-4s (most of which were glowing) and because these products are pretty much Lorraine Massey's biggest nightmare ingredients-wise, I made sure to ask about Ulta's return policy.

After doing some more online research, I tried them out this morning following the advice of a YouTuber: On wet co-washed hair I added diluted KCKT followed by the Curl Cream followed by the Stretch. I let my hair dry in Sprangz for about an hour and then blow-dried with cool air for about 5 minutes. That got my hair to maybe 75 percent dry so I shook and went on about my day.

The Stretch product claims to reduce shrinkage and given that it's pretty heavy and has mineral oil AND petrolatum in it I can see how it would weigh down looser curl patterns. So I wasn't expecting a lot of hang time BUT...to my surprise...I actually didn't get as much shrinkage as I normally do. Plus my coils were pretty defined AND they felt soft (under the product cast) AND there was a bit of shine. It also has a very light lemongrass scent that I liked. Each product was $7.99 at the store but I found out that at least one of them is on sale for $5.99 on their Web site.

So this has me wondering:
    - Maybe CG isn't meant for everybody?
    - Maybe I don't use enough product? (I almost never use more than two post-wash products.)
    - Maybe some of these cheaper dollar store / Asian beauty supply products might be worth trying out?
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

8. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can OFFICIALLY say that I have been growing my hair out for ALMOST a full year! I went I took the time to measure it last month and there were some places that were actually 5 1/2 inches in length, so I still haven't reached that elusive 6 inches. I have pretty much accepted that it may or may not happen, as I have no plans to lock up my hair, and twists or braids are NOT an option due to knots. Even when/if I wear twist or braid styles, they only look good for about a week. Anyway, I have accepted that my hair will likely never be long just as I will never be tall. So, right now, I am relying on pin up styles as my go to, since I have worn afros quite a bit and I am getting tired of them.

I haven't worn my hair shrunken since very EARLY this year. I was getting too much bulk to put my cover on (I'm in the Navy) and I was REALLY getting tired of all of the knots. So I have experimented with twists, flattwists, two French braids, flattwists down the side, etc.

I found a really GREAT snag-free comb from NuBone. LOVE it, especially since I HAVE to comb my dry stretched hair if I want to be able to style it AT ALL. I REALLY don't see how people get past this. I have seen a few people with hair like mine who skip this step and still style their hair, but the end result really wasn't anything that I would personally do to my own hair. I really only style my hair once per week these days, so that helps cut down on the amount of breakage that I would have over all. NO MATTER WHAT I resist the temptation to restyle every other day (though I will adjust a style if need be) like I used to and my hair is definitely better for it.

My scalp is pretty much healed. I used to suffer so MUCH from flaky, itchy scalp and then I found a line of hair products that WORK for me and have no sulfates or added fragrances. What a JOY not to have those dry itchy patches on my scalp.

I have been product free since the beginning of this year in terms of leave-ins. My hair feels great and is actually breaking LESS, but I believe that is because of the high quality products that I use. It is definitely moisturized and healthy.
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

10. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show is Friday, still have not decided on what to do with this hair. It's too late for extensions, I just don't have the time to install them. I may just do a super-defined wash and go, do some kind of pompadour in the front (something to attach my hair sticks/pieces/fascinators to) and let the back hang out. It's quick, it's easy, and it'll still look good. Problem solved!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A buzzfeed article on protective styles (nothing new, just a bunch of flashy gifs i enjoyed):
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/essencegant/...-do#.nr708VY6q
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

13. Likes Claire76 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another year older, hopefully another year wiser, and after spending most of the past 7 days on the road, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a professional haircut before the month is out.

Fact: I need my hair to look good all of the time, not just some of the time.
    Fact: The amount of time I'm willing to spend on my hair is decreasing steadily.
    Fact: None of the other options available to me given the previous two facts appeal to me in the slightest. I haven't worn added hair in 15 years and I'm not going to start now, no matter how close to realistic Afro hair it looks. I refuse to wear wigs (in this heat? seriously?). I've already been through the loc maturing process before so I know what that's like but I'm too cheap to commit to Sisterlocks. As for chemicals? Yeah right.

Earlier this year I had a consultation with a Deva-trained stylist. I'm thinking I'm going to let her do it. It won't be cheap but if I get what I want -- hair that's easy and quick to style and still looks good -- it'll be worth every penny.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

15. Likes Napia Mia, Claire76, mramsey, Miss T liked this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast