Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napptural Thoughts Are The Randomest

I'm at a point where I don't do anything to my hair. I don't use any product, I don't sleep with a scarf, I don't try any new styles. I just leave it in TST for weeks on end, rinse every day/other day, and that's it. I might take it down and detangle once a month or so. I'm retaining a lot of length, but I'm just bored with having hair in general, but I don't have the desire to cut it off again either. I guess i've just reached a point where I don't care about my hair anymore. It's both freeing and annoying.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing...that firm hold I had yesterday went away this morning with just a spritz. There's still some in there but it's all on the inside, if that makes sense...my hair looks like I did nothing to it. I must say I'm not crazy about having used agave nectar...there are some spots where my hair is basically sticking together.

I still like my overall haircut very much but I think I'm going to have to start experimenting with other, non-WNG ways of styling it. Either that or I'm going to cut it down even shorter when I see my stylist next month.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found the green IC Fantasia the other day and snatched it up. Love this more than the clear. Same great hold, plays even better with the SM Extra Moisture Detangler. I'm tempted to toss the clear one and just keep the green on standby.

In other news, it's back to my high end stylers because I love my boo-shee hair products.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gotta take it off at some point

I found a guy who does comedy skits on Instagram; he's so handsome! So I was scrolling through his feed, and discovered that all of his pics and videos were 1) with a hat on 2) with a doo rag on 3) cropped off to the eyebrows.

Of course that made me curious so I kept scrolling...DUDE's hairline is almost parallel to the tops of his ears!

Dang....lol. He may as well go completely bald, it'd look good on him.

So it seems, men are just as insecure about their hair as women.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done with homemade gels for now...I'm going to try to turn the rest of this brown gel I made into some kind of detangler, and I'm going to research how to use these herbs I bought to make other leave-ins/detanglers.

I went to my friendly neighborhood beauty supply store (the one run by the Venezuelan Muslims, as opposed to the UNfriendly neighborhood beauty supply store run by the Koreans) and picked up a small jar of Eco Styler pink and a tube of the blue S-Curl gel. The goal, still, is to find something affordable that will give me multi-day hold that's not super drying/crunchy-feeling. The Eco pink did pretty well in that category...but this weekend I'm going to try doing a 50/50 S-Curl/Wetline Xtreme mix to see how well that works. I got rid of a big tub of Eco green by cutting it with the clear S-Curl gel back in the day.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can remember when going a month without washing my hair was only slightly bothersome. Nowadays, going a week seems insane. Most likely its because I use a heavier product than I used to. Ok, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair has grown so much that my bonnets are no longer big enough and they force/encourage my wash and goes to shrink. About to buy some extra long/large loc socs or something because this one right here is not going to start twisting my hair until at least October.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, back my beloved low low cut at 1/4 inch =D. Felt like so much freedom when I took it off, and it wasn't even that long at 3-4 inches XD.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99.5% of white people make it difficult to have faith in humanity.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalia42 View Post
    99.5% of white people make it difficult to have faith in humanity.
    I hear you, and I'm sorry you feel that way.

--

Yesterday after swimming I came home, rinsed my hair, soaked it in my HE HH/AVJ mix for about 2 hours (I meant to do it for only 30 minutes but then I got on the phone), then detangled using my fingers, my shower comb, and my Denman brush in that order. I then shampooed (sulfate-free shampoo), DC'd, and let it air-dry in 10 twists (4 fat ones on top, 6 small ones on the sides and bottom) without putting anything else on it.

Later tonight I'm going to attempt to do smaller 3-strand twists for a twistout tomorrow. I'm not sure what product combo I'm going to use...I'm thinking I might try Shae's Pudding (Fantasia IC gel/shea butter/olive oil mix) since I have a big jar of it in my closet. I'm scheduled for another haircut at the end of this month but if I like how this twistout looks I might postpone it for another 3 months.

--

ETA:
    The good news is that it only took a little over an hour to put my hair into about 25 3-strand twists.
    The bad news is that this morning's twistout was a HOT AZZ MESS*.
    The good news is that I was able to rinse my hair and brush/pick it out for a not-half-bad 'fro.
    The good (bad?) news is that I will probably keep my haircut appointment.

*I do not own any wigs. I do not like wigs. I do not wear them or any kind of added hair largely on principle. However, if I owned a wig, I would have put it on today...that's how effed-up this twistout looked.
    Last edited by LBellatrix; 09-08-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: because I needed to rant a little :(

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast