Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default White Cops Terrorizing Black Teens

I jacked the title from a post I saw on my FB feed, but I feel it is apt. The video has commentary by the poster and swearing- might be brash for some. My comments are on the video itself and not the commentary.

Re-damn-diculous. If there were suspects for whatever alleged crime, why can't they find them and leave others untouched? Even suspects shouldn't be treated in such a manner. They pulled a gun out on a group of people who were doing nothing. Jeez. The way that cop assaulted that Black girl made my blood boil. She did nothing. She was treated like garbage and forced to the ground. Nope.

These events always remind me of The Black Panthers and their member rules- specifically the one that says all members must know self defense.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: White Cops Terrorizing Black Teens

Would we get the opportunity to use defense when we're tackled and/or dead beforehand? An officer states, "Don't run when the cops arrive." But if you don't, you'll wind up like the law abiding black males.... hand cuffed to the floor, guilty.... before expressing innocence. My heart broke when the girl asked the public to call her mother. All I could think about is how many other children experience excessive force by crazed officers. Her crime: walking away and possibly vocalizing her thoughts.... like most teens do. As for the officer (who should be unemployed): a bat out of hell, out of control.

There's two sides of a story and the middle. Although there's no excuse for the officer's behavior, we need to be more accountable for our actions. If events are private and you didn't get a personal invite from the host, then don't invite yourself and a dozen other people. Facebook (or whatever's out these days) isn't an invite. The discrepancy were people trespassing, and part of the problem could be the host themselves if they didn't get proper clearance. Speakers were set up outside the gate... a simple squad car or security requesting them to move from private property should suffice. Defiant individuals ruined the event/group, and scared individuals over exaggerated issues to get a quicker response from authorities. This issue has more to do with respect IMO that turned racial. A similar issue in Jersey -- Summer Jam. Why disrespectful folks thought it was smart to bum rush a concert without paying for a ticket? As a result the masses pay the price for a few. I'm just thankful lives are not lost in both situations, but we need to analyze things and be accountable to some degree. Respect people, place and boundaries.... most important yourself. Don't give bigots justification to act.

ETA: A young teens account of the incident. A small hair pulling fight occurred between an older woman and a teen after stereotyping/slurs, but the main cause was fear for a few. I guess too many kneegrows in one area. The DJ contributed to the chaos by acting irresponsible..... and should be penalized when issues occur as a result.
    Last edited by Fuzziwuz; 06-09-2015 at 06:06 PM.