Likes Likes:  4
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are you tempted to cheat on your diet?

I have a question for people who are on healthy diets. Do you ever feel tempted to cheat your diet? If so, how do you deal with the cravings?
    Do you ever feel too restricted?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are you tempted to cheat on your diet?

It's interesting that I have the exercise thing down pat. Been exercising regularly now for four years. No matter what happens in my life, I'm always able to get back into a routine and regain my fitness. Food, however is a different story. It's not even that I make many UNHEALTHY food choices, I just eat too much of it for me to lose weight, which makes me mad cause I gained about 42 pounds when I had plantar fasciitis for nearly 9 months over a year ago. I've only been able to lose about 15 of that and as a result, I tend to flucuate between 209 and 213-14.

Everytime I am able to lose a little bit, I sabotage myself by taking in too many calories. Crazy. I think the problem is that I just really have no discipline at the moment for counting calories and really sticking to it.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 06-20-2015 at 09:25 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in the concept of "cheating". If I have a craving for something that one of my lighter alternatives can't satisfy then I'll just eat some and keep it moving. For example, most of the time when I want a frozen treat it's froyo. When froyo doesn't cut it because I want gelato then I'll buy a pint of it and eat a tablespoon or two at a time. It works for me because I don't skimp on quality when it comes to my full fat/sugar/whatever treats and I consume small portions. I don't feel restricted because I can stilll eat foods that I like.

4. Likes Napia Mia, Soul Rebel, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. (101010)

Quote Originally Posted by meagan22 View Post
    I don't believe in the concept of "cheating". If I have a craving for something that one of my lighter alternatives can't satisfy then I'll just eat some and keep it moving. For example, most of the time when I want a frozen treat it's froyo. When froyo doesn't cut it because I want gelato then I'll buy a pint of it and eat a tablespoon or two at a time. It works for me because I don't skimp on quality when it comes to my full fat/sugar/whatever treats and I consume small portions. I don't feel restricted because I can stilll eat foods that I like.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for responding.

"Everytime I am able to lose a little bit, I sabotage myself by taking in too many calories. "

Me too. I actually gained weight after I started working out, instead of losing it, lol. I think maybe it's because I eat more food, but I still feel like I benefited from working out.

"If I have a craving for something that one of my lighter alternatives can't satisfy then I'll just eat some and keep it moving."

That seems like a wise way to deal with cravings. I guess the difference with me is that when I start eating junk food that I like, I can't make myself stop after a bite or two, lol. I envy your self-control. I've been trying to eat junk food in moderation but I still eat more of it than I should. Maybe I should just look the other way when I see it in the store..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroingles View Post
    Maybe I should just look the other way when I see it in the store..
    Or you could try to be more creative with your substitutes. I think that pinpointing whatever it is that I really want from the food I crave helps me to come up with the best alternatives. What is it about the junk food you like? Is it salty? Cream or melty? Cheesey? Chocolaty? Spicy?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a rule. Make it and you can have it. For me it is easy to go get cookies (I luh cookies) but if I gotta bake them? From scratch? I must really want a cookie.

I did that last night. Ate one cookie lol.

9. Likes meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly like sweets(like rice krispies treats) and a cheesy taste(like ritz bits). I don't know, maybe I can substitute with dried fruit and actual cheese..

I guess only eating junkfood that you make is kind of an incentive to not eat a lot if it. I never thought of that one.
    I know this is off-topic, but Mirah Nirvana, your hair looks nice in the photo.
    Last edited by afroingles; 06-26-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in "cheating" either.....now that I'm close to 50 I've tested through trial - and much error - how my body reacts to food and true enough the more sugar/refined carbs I eat the worse I feel and the more whole foods I eat the better I feel....so 90% of the time I'm eating what's totally good for me and I allow that 10% window for the no real nutritional value foods.
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato