Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Napia and Friend's Random Fitness Thoughts

Let us continue...
    Kari I guess it's pretty normal to stress a little before each race. 5Ks are kinda old hat to me now so I'm not as stressed as I used to be. But for my first 10K my stress levels were higher than normal. At points I had to keep telling myself that I was just in my neighborhood doing a training run. That always seems to help.

I'm the opposite about time. I don't have a good sense of when I'm slowing down so I try to check often to make sure I'm not under a pace that I'm capable of maintaining.

On the subject of 10Ks vs halfs, I think I need to get to a point that the last two miles of a 10K aren't so grueling be for I start upping my miles to train for a half. And that's not going to happen any time soon if I'm only running/training on the weekends.

Pictures, yeah I like the free downloads. Run Like a Girl event did that. The Omaha Marathon just posted our proofs. I like all of mine so I'll pay the $59 for the package to download high res picks instead of ordering individually which is way more expensive m
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napia and Friend's Random Fitness Thoughts

I tried to convince myself it was just another training run LOL The nerves finally dissapated as i was running.

Today was my first day of doing any exercise, we did circuit training that focused on our core. It was the first day that my legs allowed me to do more then just walk.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

3. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Fitness Thought....
    A woman at the gym tapped me in the middle of my routine and asked why I was sweating.... . I have no words.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    I tried to convince myself it was just another training run LOL The nerves finally dissipated as i was running.

Today was my first day of doing any exercise, we did circuit training that focused on our core. It was the first day that my legs allowed me to do more then just walk.
    Considering that I've only ever run a 10K distance three times before I did my event, I think overall I fared pretty well. Towards the end of my race, like the last mile my legs were just starting to get heavy, but I had a pretty good sense of how to pace myself as I got closer to the finish.

The next day, I was only slightly sore. Kept waiting for the heavy soreness and stiffness to really kick in but it never did.

I haven't done any exercising post run either this week. My work schedule is all crazy so I'm really trying to eat healthy so I don't pick up any extra weight. I'm going to try to get in the pool this weekend cause I haven't done in swimming in about a month. I'm also gonna try to get some four and five mile runs in this weekend...if it's not raining like it has been all week.

Can't wait til I get paid so I can buy my race pictures. I look just like my brother in them, lol. I can see it even if nobody else can. I think it's funny cause he hasn't spoken to me in years. Don't care though. My mom said, yeah, you could definitely pass for his brother, in these pictures. I'm like dang...thanks mom.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    Random Fitness Thought....
    A woman at the gym tapped me in the middle of my routine and asked why I was sweating.... . I have no words.
    Well hello there Fuzzi! Glad you stopped by. Don't be a stranger up in these parts.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year, I was lucky to have scored my two pairs of top of the line Asics running shoes at deep discounts but when they both wore out at the same time a year later, I had to get a pair at regular price . Since then I've made it a policy to regularly check out the sporting goods store and if I find a pair on the sales rack at my size, I'd just grab them and that just happened today Didn't even try them on, I just made sure the shoes were my size, didn't care that I already had the same model at home . Best part, my half-marathon registration fee will be reimbursed via the military's wellness fund so they will almost be free

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Brooks dyads are rarely on sale. Except once a year when Warren Buffett hold his big Birkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting here once a year. It figures my feet would end up needing a shoe that never goes on sale.

Couple months ago I was able to get two pairs that I can alternate. I use my old shoes for walking now.

On another note I got in a three-mile run today. First one since my race last Sunday. Felt sluggish and slow. Me thinks that eating a full meal, albeit healthy, obviously wasn't a good idea.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK! So jiu jitsu tryouts were yesterday after my regular class and my arms are not going higher than shoulder lever for the next few days . It was really, really hard for me and I'm glad I did it. I wanted to quit, but I stuck with it til the end. I asked for them to bring the trash can near the mat at one point LOL. I didn't throw up, though.

I was really dreading this because I haven't been preparing even though I've known about this for months. I neglected to show up much for 2-3 months out of depression and acute anxiety. I spoke to our head instructor and he reassured me that all I needed to do was to keep in there, so I felt much better and even excited after that. I felt great after tryouts (with my two hours of sleep XD). Took me like 30 minutes to regain my senses and sensibilities lol. Now I have a great team to train with for my competition in November.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Ororo. You hung in there. Great job. Hugs.
    June 24th

11. Thanks Ororo thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did three miles this evening as well. First time I've done back to back runs on the weekend in a long time.

I also think my plantar fasciitis is trying to flare back up. I really hope not though.
    June 24th

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast