Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Autumnal Random Napptural Thoughts

After exactly one month of doing rod sets and other types of sets, I am officially DONE. This weekend I spent way too much time on my hair and had way too little sleep...only to end up with a random, confused result. Despite the fact that I spent this afternoon on the campus of my alma mater and got a few appreciative looks from boys young enough to be my sons...I am DONE. Back to the kinda-sorta-WNG I go...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

2. Likes Bithiya liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am enjoying these soft 100% human hair micros I put in MYSELF.

I actually took the others down 1 by 1 and replaced them with the human hair. Tedious, grueling process. I did it a lil but each day, and finally worked from 8 pm to 6 am the last day.

Whew! Let's just say I was worn out!

They are neat, and attached firmly to my scalp. No pain tho! So I KNOW that braider last time was extra. >_>
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a pic...Sorry still using old Forum Runner app
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    /

5. Likes LBellatrix, CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    After exactly one month of doing rod sets and other types of sets, I am officially DONE. This weekend I spent way too much time on my hair and had way too little sleep...only to end up with a random, confused result.
    Despite the fact that I spent this afternoon on the campus of my alma mater and got a few appreciative looks from boys young enough to be my sons...I am DONE. Back to the kinda-sorta-WNG I go...
    The line I bolded^ made me laugh. After years of silence I did a wee bit of public speaking the other day. Thanks to my jitters and jokes, I'm fairly certain the audience thought I was 20years younger than I actually am!

As for your comments about hair, I've thought about trying rod sets. Yet you make them sound like a pain in the you-know-what--aka, the exact opposite of what I'm after.

Meanwhile, I'm still where I was before: Every now and then I wish I liked my hair short, but I'm not willing to cut it off because I know that I don't. And it isn't even that long in the first place!
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

7. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost my newest pair of hair shears. I'm really sick of this but I can only blame myself.

I don't care if a guy chooses to wear weave but this? *howling with laughter*

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Yeah, no.

Can I just come in here and cheer for real, honest-to-goodness clarifying shampoos?

In the weeks since I ended my setting experiments I'd been trying to get my coils to come back with limited success. I did three bentonite clay washes in three weeks...and while there was progress, it was slow-going.

So this weekend I went looking for a real-deal clarifying shampoo and ended up buying the Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow and Restore shampoo. Now I HATE buying anything with the word "grow" or "growth" on the label because I know good and damn well that 99 percent of these products don't grow a damn thing but other folks' pockets BUT...I'd only ever had success with one other SM product (the Curl Enhancing Smoothie) and I'm no longer shy about returning products so I thought I'd give it a shot.

BAM! My coils are back, my sheen is back...I am very happy.

I'm guessing I can't use this every week but maybe every fourth week...?
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

10. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^That's the shampoo I use about once a month. I love this SM shampoo because of the ACV and Jamaican Black Castor Oil - they seem to just balance each other out and help with my scalp issues while not leaving my hair too stripped.

I was just about to order some flexi-rods (really want to try curlformers, but they cost waayyyy too much!) and try some rollerset styling - now you've got me re-thinking that.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    I was just about to order some flexi-rods (really want to try curlformers, but they cost waayyyy too much!) and try some rollerset styling - now you've got me re-thinking that.
    I've spent most of the last 6 years wet-styling so although I hate the concept of "training" hair, I believe I have trained my coils to coil. So in order for rod sets to really work on me I have to comb/brush/rip them out basically. They pay me back by not coiling back up for a few weeks but anyway...if that's not you, if you normally wear stretched styles (twistouts etc.) you should be okay.

13. Thanks CCmomof5 thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hair update: It'll be 6 months since I cut (big chopped) my hair for the third and final time this side of 50.

I'm 29.

That tells you I don't plan on doing anymore bc's for awhile.

I've been wearing micros for 9 weeks, and enjoying myself. After about 3 weeks, the edges need to be reattached to prevent soreness and alopecia. I've been doing it myself.

My edges are intact! So you can make micros work. Just don't pull em tightly, and make sure you maintain them.

I'm trying to get back on YouTube with a micro braids series... Gosh I had these long hiatuses. But life happens.

I miss my hair.....texture and LENGTH. This time around I'm going to really baby my hair.
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meagan22 View Post
    Lost my newest pair of hair shears. I'm really sick of this but I can only blame myself.
    Shears have been foundT! They fell behind a dresser and I noticed the handles poking out while I was cleaning this morning.

Prepping my hair for faux locs and it's going pretty quickly. I forgot that one of the benefits of shorter hair is that it takes less time to braid.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast