Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Autumnal Random Napptural Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post
    Anyway, I found some good ideas: HerGivenHair Clip ins being my fave. It's human hair that mimics natural hair wave patterns. I watched a ton of videos, and it looks really good! I like the idea of having clip ins like that. Takes just a couple of minutes to install, and is virtually undetectable! And it's less expensive than HeatFreeHair, so that's a plus!
    I've said for years that IF I ever wore weave or anything similar to weave, it would have to look as close to my natural hair texture as possible. Then HeatFreeHair came out and I was like . Now I go look at these HerGivenHair videos and I'm like . lol

Seriously though...these look REALLY real. Like...I've-probably-seen-them-on-the-street-already-and-didn't-know-it real. I'd actually consider getting some of these to wear for my next major trip.

Only thing is...I know NOTHING about clip-ins. How are they maintained? Do you sleep in them? I'm clueless...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's recommended not to sleep in them, and that's for the health of your hair (it would cause tension at roots) and also to preserve the extensions themselves.

I would co-wash, dc, and detangle mine weekly. Let them air dry and store in a Baggie/shoe box till next use.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

3. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, CHB. Again, I think this might be something I'd consider trying the next time I go on a big trip. Or I might try them if/when this company I work for folds and/or I get laid off...which could happen sooner rather than later...

I'm slowly growing more open to a drastic hair change. Not so drastic as to go back to chemicals but...I've never worn weave or wigs (or clip-ons), I haven't worn extensions in 16 years, I haven't worn straightened hair in 13 years, and I got rid of my locs 9 years ago. I find myself wanting to grow my hair out again but doing it in a way that's not super labor-intensive.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

5. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I share a large-ish 2 bedroom apartment. Roommate and I each have our own "master bedroom" which includes spacious closets and bathrooms. However she is sharing my personal bathroom b/c we have some unfortunate guests...

I absolutely HATE how she treats my bathroom closet like her own personal beauty supply store.

My bathroom closet has 4 shelves where I keep toiletries and products. Lately, I've had to stash the good stuff in my bedroom, and just leave the basics in that closet.

"What's this for?"

"Can I use this?"

"You have so many of these!!!"

I can tell when my products have been moved (I know cuz I have the labels facing outwards). Some days my stuff is set out on the bathroom counter... Or I can find a certain hair clip, but when I see her it's in her head.

Ugh!!! And it's not like she doesn't have products of her own!!! I recently rearranged ALL my stuff so that it's confusing to her, but perfect for me. Gave her a few sample packs so she would know to keep her paws off my stuff.

I need a less intrusive roommate. Preferably a bald headed one.
    /

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I share a large-ish 2 bedroom apartment. Roommate and I each have our own "master bedroom" which includes spacious closets and bathrooms. However she is sharing my personal bathroom b/c we have some unfortunate guests... I absolutely HATE how she treats my bathroom closet like her own personal beauty supply store. My bathroom closet has 4 shelves where I keep toiletries and products. Lately, I've had to stash the good stuff in my bedroom, and just leave the basics in that closet. "What's this for?" "Can I use this?" "You have so many of these!!!" I can tell when my products have been moved (I know cuz I have the labels facing outwards). Some days my stuff is set out on the bathroom counter... Or I can find a certain hair clip, but when I see her it's in her head. Ugh!!! And it's not like she doesn't have products of her own!!! I recently rearranged ALL my stuff so that it's confusing to her, but perfect for me. Gave her a few sample packs so she would know to keep her paws off my stuff. I need a less intrusive roommate. Preferably a bald headed one.
    Can't you just tell her to stop? I don't care how much people "like makeup" I have an absolute do not touch policy in place with my makeup. And I have a ton but it's my livelihood so I can't have people fooling with it. It's your product you bought it if you don't want her to use it you have a right to tell her no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel
    Can't you just tell her to stop?
    I do, but she will still sneak in there. I'm planning on changing out the doorknob for one that needs a key. Desperate times, lol...

Progress of my hair...it never ceases to amaze me, every time... Grays need to gtho here though...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    /

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do, but she will still sneak in there. I'm planning on changing out the doorknob for one that needs a key. Desperate times, lol... Progress of my hair...it never ceases to amaze me, every time... Grays need to gtho here though...
    Your hair looks great.

Your roommate needs to be BLOCKEDT immediately lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going thru the old threads makes me realize how much I have missed Nappturality😪
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

11. Thanks OHR thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, so....I'm back. I big chopped 2 weeks ago after relaxing my hair in June. I don't foresee another relaxer relapse. I'm too lazy for all that upkeep--that much still the same.

Sidenote: There's a Harmon's on 23rd St (a step down from Ricky's in terms of what/how many brands they carry) and discovered Eden Bodyworks. (I know they've existed for a minute, but they're new to ME.) A dance friend/teacher uses them and loves them. ...Honestly, it's nothing to write home about, but I do like it more than the Cantu leave-in. A couple dollars more won't hurt. They also had Oyin, Alikay Naturals, Aunt Jackie's, Soultanicals, Mielle, and some other indie brands that I can't remember. And some Shea Moisture labels I don't see in Walgreens/Duane Reade. I was a little overwhelmed!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!!!! *waves

Life. One of my relatives has been dealing with illnesses the last 2 years....and as of recently, things have gotten much worse... We're doing the best we can to get help...

Updates:
    1. It's been 15 months since my 3rd big chop
    2. My hair can get into a ponytail; it's layered, about shoulder length
    3. I am now able to install invisible roots twist extensions in the back of my own head as well as the front
    4. I have more grays
    5. Had a scare with my edges (they're still intact)
    6. I'll be 30 next month

Goal: Get back to my channel this spring or summer.
    I'm still active on Instagram.

This time around, now that my third bc is growing out, I'd like to do new things. I am considering hair color and /or a possible loc journey. I have yet to get to waistlength, so I'll be striving for that as well.

Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 02-05-2017 at 01:57 AM.
    /

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast