Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Autumnal Random Napptural Thoughts

Revelation: To swim every day you have be so OVER hair. I'm definately over it. Wearing a puff for nearly two years now, I've easily lost half my length. ***shrugs***

Every time I think about doing something different with my hair, I have to remember that having different hair styles like I used to do is not compatible with swimming.

And I'm not giving that up...ever. I realize that swimming is more important to me than having mega long hair.

If given a choice between long hair and swimming, I'd wear a twa.

I have thought about it. And that thought keeps creeping into my mind.

My mom would not be happy, lol.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    So sorry your health issues are interferring with your hair. Did you get your hair cut? how's it doing?
    I haven't cut my hair yet because I need to replace the hair shears I lost (your post actually reminded me to look for some while I'm running errands today). Incorporating tea into my regimen is has helped with the shedding but I'm still chopping before the end of the month.

3. Thanks Napia Mia thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meagan22 View Post
    I haven't cut my hair yet because I need to replace the hair shears I lost (your post actually reminded me to look for some while I'm running errands today). Incorporating tea into my regimen is has helped with the shedding but I'm still chopping before the end of the month.
    Sorry to hear Anemia is doing your hair a number. I directly know that feel. That Venofer treatment *really* helped me. There are potentially serious side-effects so its not for everyone but you may want to ask your Dr about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

5. Likes meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revelation: To swim every day you have be so OVER hair. I'm definately over it. Wearing a puff for nearly two years now, I've easily lost half my length. ***shrugs***

Every time I think about doing something different with my hair, I have to remember that having different hair styles like I used to do is not compatible with swimming.

And I'm not giving that up...ever. I realize that swimming is more important to me than having mega long hair.

My mom would not be happy, lol.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

7. Likes Miss T liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hair: Aren't you glad you can trust I'll always grow back, every time you cut me?

Me: Yes....but--

Hair: Are you ever going to get lazy and let me dry out and break off again?

Me: No, but I was wondering--

Hair: And you'll buy me nice products and pamper me and never use heat on m--

Me: YESSSS, dagnabbit!!!! Lesson learned, ok? Now can I ask you a question?

Hair: About time you learned! Third times the charm, eh? What's the question?

Me: I've been meaning to ask you, do you think you can grow back a lil faster this time?

Hair: Bish, WHET?! You just chopped me off in November. And you can already get me into 8 mini puffs! You better RECOGNIZE!!!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

9. Likes MommieDearest, Ororo, Napia Mia, Claire76 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    ~Love the hair you have~

11. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post
    Hair: Aren't you glad you can trust I'll always grow back, every time you cut me?

Me: Yes....but--

Hair: Are you ever going to get lazy and let me dry out and break off again?

Me: No, but I was wondering--

Hair: And you'll buy me nice products and pamper me and never use heat on m--

Me: YESSSS, dagnabbit!!!! Lesson learned, ok? Now can I ask you a question?

Hair: About time you learned! Third times the charm, eh? What's the question?

Me: I've been meaning to ask you, do you think you can grow back a lil faster this time?

Hair: Bish, WHET?! You just chopped me off in November. And you can already get me into 8 mini puffs! You better RECOGNIZE!!!
    Your hair is mean to you, CHB!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post

I hear you...

One of the reasons why I cut my hair was so that I could wet it whenever I wanted (including swimming) and not worry (too much) about it. I realized my hair has a WNG length limit and although I probably could have texturized it and continued doing WNGs I didn't want to go back to using any kind of chemicals. I wouldn't say I'm 100 percent over hair but I'm definitely over LONG hair.

Kinda-sorta related: I was at the mechanic's yesterday paying more $$ to keep my car running and while waiting I got to watch several episodes of Law and Order SVU. Unlike a lot of people I never really got into any of these shows but what I kept noticing was how cute Mariska Hargitay's short haircut looked. When air-dried, mine is a nappy version of hers, lol. Short hair is SO much easier in so many ways. I don't want to get you in trouble with your mama though...
    Last edited by LBellatrix; 02-14-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

14. Likes Napia Mia, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been years since I've used a moisturizer in my hair, and it makes a difference. Don't ever let anyone fool you into thinking that oil is enough!

Also, when shopping, patience is important.

Long story short, I bought my moisturizer at one store because I thought it was the only item for natural hair that I'd be able to find for miles. (In spite of online shopping, to me, there's something about knowing you can purchase a product in person.) My area is really non-diverse. I figured it wouldn't be worth it to look around.

It was only after I made that purchase that I learned my local Sally's sells products for Black hair, including those for naturals. I was over the moon!!
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo
    Your hair is mean to you, CHB!

Yeah, it is! Put me in my place with the quickness!!

So, I have the forbidden hair style now.

Micro braids aka ty zillions.

This is going to be a good protective style for me, because I'm going to maintain it, just like I maintain regular braids. I'm going to stay on top of my edges, and keep them fresh. No pulling back tightly. Co-washing and moisturizing.

I didn't do them myself. It felt good not to spend 3-4 days on my hair. It was complete in 6 hours.

I'm debating on doing maintenance myself, or getting it done by someone. I love how they parted my hair, so I would just redo sections, 1 braid at a time to keep the parts.

I'll be getting the wet and wavy hair with highlights for next time. So far, my hair has been done 4 days.

I like it. It's full; they're very small in the front, but slightly bigger in back, and not too bulky.
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 02-17-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast