Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Autumnal Random Napptural Thoughts

*petulant whining ahead*

Thank God Sally's has a decent return policy.

I purchased a namebrand twistout cream for my hair. Because I'm in Canada, I'm sure it cost 2x as much as it would've if I were on the other side of the border.

I wound up with a twistout, but my hair feels stiff. My coils are undefined. I have 4a-z hair, and I know I need to be realistic. Still--I hate wasting money. Especially when I also bough Eco Styler gel--which came in a jar that was 2x as large as Brand Name Product--for half of its price. Somehow, I think the ES will do just as good of a job, if not better.

(Maybe I'm being a big baby. But if I'm spending $$$ on a hair product, I expect the look and feel of my hair to...make sense. I can't think of any other way to describe it.)

We'll see what happens when I go back this week. Meanwhile, I already have a different item from the same line as Brand Name Waste O' Money, which I should've stuck with it in the first place. It claims to be suitable for twistouts, and the only drawback is more "shrinkage". Shrinkage isn't always a bad thing. I'd rather my hair be shrunken and soft than crispy.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A shed a lot of hair when I took down those faux locs. But my hair doesn't look any less dense than it did before I put them in and the hair I kept is growing pretty well so I guess I can't complain too much. No split ends, very few SSKs, and my overall length is 1.5-1.75" longer than when I cut it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it the weather, is it me, is it the length of my hair--which isn't that long to begin with? I need to experiment with my routine. I want my hair to remain moist, and continue to grow it out, but I don't know. Something needs to change.

Hopefully I'll have something figured out in the next few weeks.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is starting to look like its old self. Nice and dense (my hair strands are fine but I'd always had a lot of them), and the new growth looks like...the texture I've always known it to be instead of the tumbleweed brush my hair became post illness. I'm going to do another trim and deep condition this weekend. It's nice to feel excited about my hair again. Yay.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

5. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow up to the video CHB posted. For the record, she isn't claiming that type 4 hair is too nappy to go natural...but I'm guessing she gave it that title for the hits, which means that despite her complaint about YT's natural hair (lack of) community, she's still a very savvy member of it.

Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

7. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=CoilyHairedBeauty;2769797]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikalia42
    Don't buy products from Sephora. Not even Qhemet Biologics./QUOTE]

What happened at Sephora?
    No hair product I've ever bought at Sephora has ever done anything for my hair. Not even Qhemet Biologics. They also have a VERY narrow selection of hair products for "us" (which doesn't surprise me at all, but I wanted to try new products). Long story short: the money I spent at Sephora for products that don't work for my hair is better spent elsewhere. (Makeup is another story. )

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have made the decision i'm only going to buy my natural hair products straight from the black owned business.In light of recent events of police brutality against the black community.I want my money to go straight to the black companies.
    Product Junkie. kinky, thick, frizzy 4c, 12 inch hair .My son is now 5 yrs old.My daughters are natural too.16&12i went natural when my youngest daughter was a year or two years old.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am experiencing a new phase of my journey. I am locking my hair and it is very frizzy, but I expected that. It is also very short, so I am dealing with subconscious thoughts that my hair would be more "acceptable" if it was longer. Then I ask myself "Acceptable by whom?" The answer is myself. I have heard people on YT talk about how locing taught them things about themselves. Looks like I'm no exception.

I MUST learn patience!
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

11. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilroygal View Post
    I am experiencing a new phase of my journey. I am locking my hair and it is very frizzy, but I expected that. It is also very short, so I am dealing with subconscious thoughts that my hair would be more "acceptable" if it was longer. Then I ask myself "Acceptable by whom?" The answer is myself. I have heard people on YT talk about how locing taught them things about themselves. Looks like I'm no exception.

I MUST learn patience!
    Having grown locs myself, I believe that for every day of the year or so that it took my hair to fully loc, it was telling me the same message: "You gon LEARN today!" lol
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LBell:

Thanks for the reminder! I'm about to watch that video now!

Interesting observation, LOL. I guess all us youtubers do "slick" things every once in awhile. I've just started watching hair videos again (was depressed b/c I wasn't in a position to post my own for awhile). I'm looking for a new style for an event that I have next month. Video after video, was the same thing. "Hey guys" "Its Ya Girl" "Follow me @" And all these fake "modeling" shots while looking at themselves in the camera. Don't even get me started on the "funny faces" and sticking their tongue out. And I hate when they finish a style and c0ck their head to the side. Like, WTH is that??? I promise, there will be none of that foolery once I get my videos going again! >_>

Anyway, I found some good ideas: HerGivenHair Clip ins being my fave. It's human hair that mimics natural hair wave patterns. I watched a ton of videos, and it looks really good! I like the idea of having clip ins like that. Takes just a couple of minutes to install, and is virtually undetectable! And it's less expensive than HeatFreeHair, so that's a plus!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

14. Likes Claire76, meagan22 liked this post
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast