Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Accountability group(s)?

Happy New Year!

Anybody in or know about any online fitness/weight loss groups aimed at holding group members accountable to making weekly progress with eating and exercise? Not looking for a group that is based on any particular diet or exercise program, but a group of women who have their own individual goals/plans, and who make at least weekly posts about their weight, exercise, diet, and the life factors that affect their eating & exercise habits.

A group like that would be really helpful for me, so thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Accountability group(s)?

Yes, and we should form our own with yahoo groups if we can't find any. That would be good

4. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a website/app that I belong to called fitocracy. They are pretty motivational on there and helpful. You can track your exercise and the community is very supportive.

6. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I've joined Fitocracy. We can create groups on there. Would anyone be interested in making an NP group?

8. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo View Post
    OK, I've joined Fitocracy. We can create groups on there. Would anyone be interested in making an NP group?
    It's sad that you have to go looking for a fitness forum off NP. That's what the fitness forum is for and the purpose of the random fitness thread. To get the interaction with like minded people, I had to finally branch out and find some facebook groups that provide support for whatever your fitness goals. Makes me sad that NP does not rock like it used to. Despite that, I'm hanging in here as well. That's said, FB group Workout 2.0 is a really good fitness and health group.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

10. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I read your post a few times, NM, and I thought you were upset with me for wanting to make a group on Fitocracy. I think I'm wrong . I have plenty of posts in the health and fitness forum and I check it almost daily. Doesn't look like we will regain the activity we had. Much of the time, I see my own name as 'last post', so I don't even go in there XD. I tried reviving the weightlifting threads, but it was mostly me, so I've gone elsewhere for that. Fitocracy has so many like minded and encouraging people, so Im happy to join. I have often wished that some of us from the random thread lived by eachother and could meet up. We would be great accountabilibuddies I also hope the mods get the mental health forum running, as it has been temporarily closed for a long time, and we have members that have posted recently about depression and anxiety. I've been hoping they would reopen it for a while now.
    Last edited by Ororo; 01-05-2016 at 10:05 PM.

12. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, miss the action we used to have in the fitness threads. If we got it going again, I'd absolutely be more active in there.

I'm game for starting/joining a group on either of the platforms mentioned. Going to join the facebook group and get the Fitocracy app now!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ororo glad you re-read my post cause nope I totally understand. Several threads before the current fitness threads I was practically the only person posting. I just kept posting hoping some of the old gang would come back. Few of y'all made your way back but for me it's not enough to sustain constant conversation, get and share triumphs and failures encouragement etc., etc., etc. So I totally get why you would want to find another group to hang with. The online running communities are awesome and I belong to probably 20 different ones including the Black Girs Run! Kansas City, BGR Cleveland and BGR Columbus chapters. Also belong to several general fitness communities. So again, I get it.

Personally, not one of my three best friends are really interested in running, swimming or working out regularly so I've gotten used to being a lone wolf. I have to figure they get sick of me talking about running or swimming all the time which is why I'm an avid member in the online FB communities.

I'm obviously not the only one or they wouldn't be as popular as they are now.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 01-06-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!