Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: We got that Texas Pete! The Celebrerie in formation on our way to Red Lobster.

I second that India Arie emotion...I know she ain't no "actor" but hell neither was Yaya and she did Whitney a good turn so it's cray that Zoe even signed up for this not gonna be career booster at all for her poor chile....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: We got that Texas Pete! The Celebrerie in formation on our way to Red Lobster.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

That makeup looks RE-DAYUM-diculous. How can anyone possibly take this drivel seriously? Honestly, it looks like a Lifetime movie.
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOVE THIS!!!!! I just wish that they didn't make them wear those gawd-awful wigs.
    ~Love the hair you have~

4. Likes DazeOff, mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post

That makeup looks RE-DAYUM-diculous. How can anyone possibly take this drivel seriously? Honestly, it looks like a Lifetime movie.
    Her make-up looks fine to me. The problem I see is in the script, not the actress. One again, Malcolm X looked nothing like Denzel Washington. I like Zoe even though she has clearly made it a point to be sure the whole world knows she is Latina not black. So what? She can still play Nina Simone even if she proclaimed she was white. Good acting is good acting. Her makeup is respectful not a caricature.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frau View Post
    Her make-up looks fine to me. The problem I see is in the script, not the actress. One again, Malcolm X looked nothing like Denzel Washington. I like Zoe even though she has clearly made it a point to be sure the whole world knows she is Latina not black. So what? She can still play Nina Simone even if she proclaimed she was white. Good acting is good acting. Her makeup is respectful not a caricature.
    Exactly. Denzel is such a good actor that he was able to embody and become Malcolm X without makeup, prosthetics, etc... Zoe is a B list actress who does not have those kind of chops. Angela Basset is not dark skinned, but she would be able to pull off Nina Simone without make up. She's THAT good. Zoe, no.

"She can still play Nina Simone even if she proclaimed she was white."

Ok then...
    ~Love the hair you have~

7. Thanks Msretta thanked for this post
    Likes Msretta, mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashley Graham for Sports Illustrated's 2016 Swimsuit Issue

9. Likes frau, mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post
    For those who haven't seen it yet:

Sitting at the piano looking like 5 bars of chocolate were melted on her face. I am hungry now.

I just hope this movie gets enough money to pay for that foundation, cuz... wowwww. Looks like about $5000 worth of caked-on disappointment.

I wonder how many times they had to cut the scenes due to the supporting actor's laughing outbursts. I would cackle errtime staring at that made-up put-together face.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Likes Soul Rebel, meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm speaking as a pro makeup artist that makeup is NOT well done. And actually there's quite a bit of a buzz about this in the pro make up community. The prosthetic nose is fine. Matthew Mungle who is one of the best effects artists with one of the best effects houses in the industry is credited with having something to do with this movie. I doubt he was on the makeup team I'm pretty sure he just supplied the prosthetics. OK fine the nose is is great. The skin is horrible. The texture is wrong and also it's all one flat color it doesn't have any of the natural variances that actual skin tone has. She literally looked just looks like she was spray-painted brown.

This of course leads to the question of why cast somebody if you're going to make them look like someone else. So using the Denzel Washington comparison they cast and they just let him be Denzel and on the strength of his acting he embodied Malcolm right? So either they needed to cast someone who looked more like Nina Simone if they were really concerned about casting to a visual type or they needed to go ahead and cast Zoe based on her strength of her acting and just let her look like Zoe. Maybe put a wig on her to change her hair but otherwise let the rest of the makeup go. What they ended up with it is comical looking at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

13. Thanks AStone, Mojito Chica thanked for this post
    Likes MommieDearest, meagan22, AStone liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the trailer someone says, "She's out of shape!" then her assistant says, "Would you like to go to the gym?"
    Zoe looks terribly thin.
    I wonder if perhaps she had gained some weight, like many actors do for roles, perhaps she would've been more believable.
    No, you all are right she doesn't look the part.
    She has a sort of scowl or sullen look. I get seriousness but not sadness from Nina Simone.
    Does this movie take place during the decline of her career?
    I don't know much about Nina Simone...

[insert nude photos of kim kardashian here]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miss Saldana does not have the acting 'chops' for this. Looking or attempting to look like Miss Simone was an attempt to move the project. However it failed also.
    Miss Saldana's acting is on level with say Friends and that may well be her watermark. Just my opinion.
    My heart is spoken for.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast