Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asian Owned BSS is Full of BS

Excuse the title....but that's all that comes to mind right now. This is a subject that has been beaten like a dead horse, but I've never experienced it like I have today.

We all know how many times they watch your every move and or /follow you so closely it's like you're sharing the same pair of pants, right?

Well, are you in for a treat!!!

Over the weekend, I bought $150 worth of human hair for my next set of micros. I thought about getting a different type/length/color so I went back to exchange it.

The woman's attitude was so foul I just did a return. Ain't no way I'm going to line your pockets when you act like that!!!

The first lady I spoke to was very humble and sweet. The only that did my return--was nothing of the kind. She had asked "Why so much hair? Should've come earlier."

I said nothing. Even tho it's my business what I buy with the money I make from my JOB, which is why I didn't "come earlier". I work!!!

So we're in the process, and she's all, "Give me your card. Write down your address." >_> Rude.

Then...

Her: Why'd you buy so much hair?
    Me: What does it matter?
    Her: Now I have overstock!!!! It matters to us!! Next time, don't buy it if you're not going to use it!
    Me: Welp, thats on YOU, since you have a RETURN POLICY!!!

She was quiet for a min. Couldn't think of another smart aleck remark I guess. She mumbled, "We shouldn't take any returns."

I got my card back, and flounced off to the door, saying loudly "VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!"

She didn't get the right one, cuz I know someone who would been across that counter on her with her smart mouth.

I am proud of myself for not taking this lying down though.

Sucks, I liked that store's merchandise.

I really want to boycott these stores FOR REAL. There is one more that I've been going to for 10 years. Never a problem.

How dare she speak to a customer that way! What makes it worse is, it wasn't just the usual. She spoke almost perfect English. Her MOUTH. Interrogating me and telling me how to handle MY business!!!

How would you have handled it? What was the defining moment where you decided NOT TO SPEND ANY MORE MONEY at these stores?
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 03-01-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Asian Owned BSS is Full of BS

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post
    How would you have handled it? What was the defining moment where you decided NOT TO SPEND ANY MORE MONEY at these stores?
    When I realized they weren't supporting our businesses, stealing our ideas by discontinuing manufacturing and pushing their own products, selling us poor quality, dishonest practices and disrespecting my people. In my region you might get a 3 day exchange, definitely no returns. These practices won't get my business. I don't mind working with Asian men on an intellectual STEM level. But my experience with certain types of women hasn't been good. Lots of stereotyping.

3. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a pro so I just go to Pro Only stores (like Cosmoprof, etc.). Other than that I'll only go to Sally Beauty supply. I've had a long standing personal policy of not frequenting local BSS. One too many times of being disrespected and then when I learned how they act on the business side (monopolizing supply chain to keep other folks out the biz, etc) #nope

I think you handled that situation well. Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

5. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted some time back on my experience stepping into an Asian-owned BSS for the first time in many years. I went back there a couple of times but after experiencing rude behavior and being followed I haven't been back since.

Since then I have found a couple of local BSS where the people behind the counter are (according to them) Muslims from Venezuela. I don't go often -- I was there last weekend to get a few things for the first time since probably last summer -- but when I do they're always EXTRA friendly. Plus their floor staff consists of black women and they too are EXTRA friendly. Thing is, I don't know and haven't asked if they actually OWN the stores, or if they're just fronting for the Koreans. There was a Korean guy in there one time I visited and I still remember the dirty look he gave me.

Most of the time I go to Sally's.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

7. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stores are not under a legal obligation to accept returns unless the product is defective. Just because you changed your mind does not entitle you to a return. This is basic contract law 101.
    But, for customer relations reasons all of them permit returns for any reason.
    You should be glad you received a refund and call it a day.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diane8783
    Stores are not under a legal obligation to accept returns unless the product is defective. Just because you changed your mind does not entitle you to a return. This is basic contract law 101. But, for customer relations reasons all of them permit returns for any reason. You should be glad you received a refund and call it a day.

If stores feel like they don't want to do returns for any reason, they shouldn't have a return policy posted in the store and on the receipts. This particular store specifies that it will take *unopened* items back within 14 days with receipt.

If it's unopened, you wouldn't know if it was defective or not.

This thread was mainly about the woman's foul attitude and poor customer service. I have never experienced that in any other store before, and how she talked to me as a customer was unacceptable.

All asian bss in my area DO NOT take returns. Some have signs that blatantly say "No Returns" or Exchange Only with receipt."
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 05-04-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped using them the year before I got my locs,ten years ago. I didn't use them often to start with, maybe once 3 yrs or so. When I discovered they block black people from obtaining wholesale stock to run their BS business, that was the end of the little I used them. I can't see reason to put my money in thepocket of every community but my own.

In fact it was one of several reasons to get locs. I use olive, almond or coconut oil in my hair I don't need to go where I'm disrespected.

I think you handled things just fine.

DeBe
    Last edited by DeBe; 06-09-2016 at 03:29 AM.

11. Thanks CoilyHairedBeauty thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like DeBe, I stopped going to them when I also found out that they vehemently block black people from the BS business. And while I personally haven't been treated poorly in a BSS, I've seen other black people get treated VERY rudely which is HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE. You don't set up shop in our neighborhoods and be rude to us--the people whose money you're paying for your kids' college with. (I have the same issue with Chinese restaurants too.)

13. Thanks CoilyHairedBeauty thanked for this post