Likes Likes:  6
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weight loss goal, I want to see my vagina!

LOL. Do they teach sex education in schools these days where they discuss female anatomy?

Today I'm on one of my semi favorite health and wellness Facebook group and there was the topic of this post. The young lady asked if women could see their vaginas. She said she hadn't seen her's in years. That was her fitness goal. To lose enough weight to see her vagina.

Well of course lots of people chimed in to say that they hadn't seen their's in years either, and they had similar goals as well.

I'm like hold up. Y'all do know that you're talking about your pubic area and not your vagina. Right?

Well someone chimed in and said they could see theirs with a mirror.

Ok so I explain that no you can't, your vagina is your birth canal.

Ok well it got really ugly up in there with a couple of responses. I actually refrained from engaging in further drama and bowed out of the conversation without taking any of the bait.

But I have to ask why do some women insists on calling EVERYTHING their vagina. The perpetuate that and next thing you know that's what their own female children call it and they grow and post on Facebook that their fitness goal is to see is their vagina.

Smh...I'm just saying. Rant over!
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 03-23-2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol! People consider all of it the vagina! Pubis mons? Vagina! Labia? Vagina! Lol...

I'm getting back to counting my calories and working out a lot more. I'll be participating more in this thread.

3. Likes Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Weight loss goal, I want to see my vagina!

Real talk though: I doubt my stomach will ever be that flat again. *shrug*
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started P90X for the umpteenth time. I'm doing that for weight training and half marathon training as cardio.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got a point! Gotta remind my daughters that it's their vulva (with its many components) that they can see, not the actual vagina.

Just recently started back doing Turbo. Can't handle Turbo Fire or Les Mills Combat (my favorites) right now, so I'm doing Turbo Jam, and walk/runs while I build my endurance back up.

7. Likes meagan22, Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just sharing my YT playlist for workouts. I"m hitting step aerobics with weights at home, combined with yoga for flexibility/stretching/core strength at the end. I have to MAKE myself stop. Share your playlist if you got one, I"m always looking to mix it up!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3ND-SYB5tcB3-2

Loving the results...i keep dancing and moving getting lost in the music
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 04-17-2016 at 03:44 PM.

9. Thanks CCmomof5 thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just have to update y'all on my progress with the Y weight loss contest. I did not win. They awarded the top two male/female prize of $5,000 and a lifetime membership to the y. Then they awarded 10 more prizes to get this — all men. No women were in the top 10 places. Whoa! So I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they never imagined that no women would be able to beat any of the men in the contest. That said, it's a well known fact that men can lose weight must faster than women. So it's obvious that women were at a big disadvantage from the get go. They were going by the percentage of body weight lost compared to your starting weight. The least amount lost by the top 10 finishers was 24%. So I lost 16% They also had a separate contest for the employees. The top female winner in the employee contest was 14%. Had I been an employee, I'd have won the top prize for women. So that makes me wonder what the top weight loss percentage was for the citywide contest. If they had broken the 10 prizes up for gender, I have a really sneaky suspicion that I'd probably have placed.

While I'm highly disappointed, I'm not sad that I participated. I just don't think I'd have been motivated to really do what it takes to get this weight off. I'm am, however, wondering if they see how unfair this was and at least separate women from men so that women will have a chance at winning next year.
    June 24th

11. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, Napia Mia, that is an impressive loss percentage, and I'd be disappointed, too!! That definitely was not a far competition since we all know that men have the advantage. Why wouldn't they adjust for that??!

You've inspired me!! I need to lose about 19% - 21% of my current body weight to be where I want to, and it feels like a very daunting task right now. Especially since I had gotten over halfway there, and gained most of it back. How long did it take you to lose 16%?

13. Likes Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Dang, Napia Mia, that is an impressive loss percentage, and I'd be disappointed, too!! That definitely was not a far competition since we all know that men have the advantage. Why wouldn't they adjust for that??!

You've inspired me!! I need to lose about 19% - 21% of my current body weight to be where I want to, and it feels like a very daunting task right now. Especially since I had gotten over halfway there, and gained most of it back. How long did it take you to lose 16%?
    I started on Jan 1 and the contested ended April 1 but we didn't have to weigh in until April 5th so we had some extra time. I weighed in I believe on the April 3. My starting weight was 215.4 and my ending weight was 180.4.

That's all that counted for the contest. But in reality, the last five pounds was most likely water and poop weight. I pretty much starved myself to lose the last five pounds. So after I went back to eating normally, I promptly gained back four of those pounds. I've been maintaining for the entire month cause I was just so tired and worn out from thinking about nothing but what was going into my mouth. Counting every single calorie and exercising three to five days a week or even more for three months. Honestly, the exercise part was easy. I've been doing that consistently for nearly five years. It was the eating part that was excruciating only because I literally counted every single calorie for three + months. Right now I'm not counting calories that much, but I am doing pretty good about choosing what to eat and keeping my portion sizes under control. The only thing is that I've actually taken somewhat of a break from the gym and the pool. But I'm still getting my weekend runs in. Last Saturday, I did my first race of the season and did amazingly well. It was a 5K and I did two 12 + minute miles and one 13 + minute mile. Prior to that I was consistently doing 14 and 15-minute miles. Got a couple more days to just rest and then I promised myself I'd get to the business of losing my last 35-40 pounds. If I start May 1 and give myself another 12 weeks, I should be close to or at goal by August.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 04-29-2016 at 03:27 AM.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the more I think about it, to even have been one of the top 10 winners, I'd have to have lost perhaps 55 pounds to lose more than the person who lost 24% That guy lost the least amount of weight in the top 10. That's just too extreme of a loss for me. I'm 55 years old and I don't think my body could have handled loosing so much weight so fast. I'm pretty sure I'd have some measure of loose skin to contend with. So from that perspective, I pretty ok with the fact that I didn't "win."
    June 24th

16. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post