Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quite Frustrated With Disjointed Natural Hair Communications Online Today

And we love you for it @deecoily;
    For me, there's never been anywhere like Nappturality.

2. Thanks deecoily, Msretta thanked for this post
    Likes Msretta, tjolims, Hennessy liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quite Frustrated With Disjointed Natural Hair Communications Online Today

Dee, thank you for everything. This website has offered something that one can't really find elsewhere on the internet. People all over the world continue to benefit from your generosity.

I never felt more at home than I do in this forum.

4. Thanks deecoily thanked for this post
    Likes Msretta liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Welcome! I've just returned after a long time away. Even though my join date says 2011, I've been here since 2002-03... when NP first started. We changed to a different online platform and had to re-register, which is why the oldest dates probably show up as 2011. But we're the OGs of online hair communities! lol
    Waving @Bunny girl go post in the Reunion Board! That's where we all say hey and where I use as a central point to make sure everyone has their correct join dates and PANKdom.

Great to see you again!
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nappturality will always be the real gold. I can't begin to count the times I have written Nappturality on a slips of paper etc. Literally. There are still many Black women out there who need NP and as long as there are naps...well, you follow me.
    I detest FB and I keep the page for contact with friends who live on the other side of the world or I don't see often. All the others..I haven't a clue. I continue to return to NP cause it's a fit...people who look like me and theres 'our' humor and our experiences...NP is so much more than hair! smile.
    Dee..I fully understand and appreciate your just putting it right there. I often wondered why the hell some of the Black names didn't get behind NP.
    As Black women we need a place for us...Nappturality always felt like it was the place.
    My heart is spoken for.

7. Thanks Miss T thanked for this post
    Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea there is nothing that has been quite like nappturality for me. It has taught me so much. I don't think I would have accepted my hair without it. Thanks Dee for your commitment and integrity it's a rare quality these days.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dee that was an incredible response and I just want to say thank you so much for creating and keeping this community going all these years and staying true to your vision at obviously great time and expense. I'm actually ashamed that I did not contribute more financially to NP all those years that I was a frequent poster here. I guess I just took it for granted. Now I know better that this is a super unique place with a really important mission.

These last few years I would drop into NP only now and then and was always dismayed to find few new postings in the forums. Such a change from the old days of those really deep, sharing discussions we all used to have. Although not on social media myself I knew that the action had shifted to FB, IG etc. so I just figured that was the reason folks weren't posting like they used to.

I cut my locks off recently and started googling to find some styling options other than my usual picked out 70s-type fro (lol).

While I love today's multimedia internet it's been REALLY HARD to find natural hair vlogs, tutorials etc that don't focus on defining curls (in order to make kinky hair look more 3a IMO) or pasting down one's edges into total submission. I guess I just assumed that all of today's young naturals were like the folks on NP, y'know, really embracing their naps. How wrong I was. NP is needed more than ever.

10. Thanks KnottyAuthor, Miss T thanked for this post
    Likes LBellatrix, KnottyAuthor, Mikalia42 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is needed ☹️....there's no online source I trust enough to refer folks to anymore. So I've just disengaged myself.

12. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From 2017, and still valid. Except it's worse now. People yelling at each other in 200 characters. Attention spans of 7 year olds. We are in the middle of a change, ladies. And not for the better, but for the faster.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

14. Thanks Miss T thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's crazy how poignant and valid all of this still is. I miss y'all too. I come back to this site from time to time. It was so seminal for me in my return to natural hair journey. Maybe we just do it anyway? Keep coming here. Discussing for and with ourselves?

16. Thanks Miss T thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is still the best site.
    I'm fearfully and wonderfully made from my scalp to the ends.

18. Thanks Miss T thanked for this post
    Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234