I searched for a thread on the National Museum of African American History and Culture but didn't see one. (If I missed it, please move this post.) I know passes are sold out through next year, but, OMG, you HAVE to go!

I know passes are sold out through next year, but, OMG, you HAVE to go!

I had a NYC trip planned after three years of being away. Then I realized, duh, the NMAAHC would be open by the time I was out here. I checked to see if tickets were still available and managed to snag one. I changed my trip plans immediately to start in D.C. and finish things off in NYC. I'm so glad I did.

I have a new job, and they're allowing me to work remote while I'm here. I was OOO the day I went to the museum, but there always things that pop up. I had a 10am pass but I knew once I got to the museum that I wasn't going to stop to do work. I got there maybe an hour or so after my time, but stayed until they kicked us out.

Even though there is a cue, start at the bottom and work your way up. The exhibition starts with the slave trade and ends in the present. The upper levels have activities, culture (music, movies, fashion, etc.), military, politics, and sports. I took at ton of pictures and saved them on Facebook publically so that people can click through them.

Give yourself the whole day. There really isn't any other way to do it. The cafe has foods representing our cuisine too. There is also the waterfall that's worth seeing. I did it all, including two stops at the gift shop and a much lighter bank balance. However, I was really happy to be there and to get some keepsakes.

I'm going to stalk their site to see when tickets open for the last half of 2017. I have to go back. I'm a museum geek, so I next time I'll make that the theme of my next D.C. trip. = Smithsonian stalker!