Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random 2016 Election Thoughts

For some reason my spacebar doesn't work when I do a "reply with quote" so I'll just say thank you, KnottyAuthor, for telling the truth. Thing is, because we are human first, we're not all unified and never will be. There have been and will always be black folks who will happily sell other black folks down the river, literally and figuratively, to save their own necks.

SO many thoughts...but I'll just share a couple right here:

Very early on in Dump's campaign, someone was reported as having fixed her mouth to say: "He's talking about Latinos and Muslims. He's not talking about black people. So what are you worried about?" I remember thinking: They really think we're stupid, don't they?

It seems a significant portion of white America LITERALLY lost its mind when Obama was elected. These aren't the same white folks who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. These are the ones who formed the Tea Party, who've done nothing but spread hate about Obama and the First Family from the very beginning, who likely are behind this latest flavor of white supremacist activity called the alt-right, and who helped usher Dump to victory.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it turns out this election was rigged, either by the Russians or the alt-right or both. Thing is...what will they do about it if it was? I believe these people really are crazy enough to start a civil war. And I can't believe that nearly nine years after Iowa shocked me by giving Obama the caucus vote, I'm sitting here wondering whether this country can survive the next four years.

Things can go south really fast...I think about my Syrian students, one of whom is living in TX with his mother and sister, and one of whom was kidnapped and is most likely dead. Before 2011 they were all enjoying relatively prosperous lives...
    It's 2020...do you know where you're going to?

2. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    For some reason my spacebar doesn't work when I do a "reply with quote" so I'll just say thank you, KnottyAuthor, for telling the truth. Thing is, because we are human first, we're not all unified and never will be. There have been and will always be black folks who will happily sell other black folks down the river, literally and figuratively, to save their own necks.

SO many thoughts...but I'll just share a couple right here:

Very early on in Dump's campaign, someone was reported as having fixed her mouth to say: "He's talking about Latinos and Muslims. He's not talking about black people. So what are you worried about?" I remember thinking: They really think we're stupid, don't they?

It seems a significant portion of white America LITERALLY lost its mind when Obama was elected. These aren't the same white folks who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. These are the ones who formed the Tea Party, who've done nothing but spread hate about Obama and the First Family from the very beginning, who likely are behind this latest flavor of white supremacist activity called the alt-right, and who helped usher Dump to victory.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it turns out this election was rigged, either by the Russians or the alt-right or both. Thing is...what will they do about it if it was? I believe these people really are crazy enough to start a civil war. And I can't believe that nearly nine years after Iowa shocked me by giving Obama the caucus vote, I'm sitting here wondering whether this country can survive the next four years.

Things can go south really fast...I think about my Syrian students, one of whom is living in TX with his mother and sister, and one of whom was kidnapped and is most likely dead. Before 2011 they were all enjoying relatively prosperous lives...
    Your quote in red. I heard exactly the same thing. How in anyone's mind, especially a Black person's mind, think that racism against any other group besides Black people is OK because it doesn't involve them? I had a long discussion with a Zionist about this very same thing. I asked him how could he, a Jewish person, be pro the Muslim ban, in other words, PRO discrimination based on faith. His only justification was that Islam isn't a religion, but an ideaology - to which I replied that Zionism (which is what he ascribed to) is an ideology as well therefore he could be against Zionist immigration as well... to that he had no answer and the conversation ended at that point.

This "selective" racism (It's not us, it's those people over there) has echoes of Jim Crow across the board.

I don't know if the country will survive as well, hence my now dual-citizenship so I can dispose of my US citizenship when the need arises.

I always knew there would be a whitelash against President Obama, but I didn't think it would be this vicious and this quick. Though I am not religious, prayers for your kidnapped student, that is appalling.

What kind of America is this becoming?

4. Likes LilShortRib, Mojito Chica, LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey @canarsiechik88! Yeah, it's just been a while in general.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    For some reason my spacebar doesn't work when I do a "reply with quote"
    You should see a note above the reply box now when using Chrome. It's a bug frome Chrome
    @LBellatrix
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My head is still spinning from this election. I've been hearing the phrase, "It's 2016, anything can happen." Well, apparently, it's true!
    I don't agree with Trump on most things, but I absolutely did not want Hillary because of what she said about African-American men and how the Clinton foundation has not helped our brothers and sisters in Haiti as much as it should have. Saw some pictures after the earthquake there a few years ago, and no difference.

I liked Bernie, but he did not win the Democrat candidacy. It's hard to believe that she was the candidate--not cool what she did to Bernie based on Wikileaks.

Don't believe it's "white" backlash as much as backlash against the Clintons. If Bernie was the Democrat nominee, he would have won, not Trump.

Noticed that that stockmarket seemed to soar after the election, so we'll see how he does as he promised about jobs...

An AA candidate who's Independent needs to be in the making--raising money, etc. I still believe that if our people want to progress, we need our people in office to make a difference. We need to be so independent (Greenwood, Tulsa-The Black Wall Street) that it shouldn't matter who's President in the future. In addition, we need a brother or sister as President who will promote math, science, NASA, etc. in the community. President Obama didn't have the time to do so.

One of Trump's quotes during the campaign was, (paraphrasing), "...the Democratic Party has failed you and you have nothing to lose by voting for me." That was interesting to me.

The fact the Republicans didn't like him and even had Never Trumper's really surprised me! Wow! He ran on the Republican ticket, but not considered a Republican or liked by the ones already in Congress? And some Republicans were going to vote for Hillary instead of him?!!

I'm willing to give him a chance out of curiosity...

8. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbread View Post
    My head is still spinning from this election. I've been hearing the phrase, "It's 2016, anything can happen." Well, apparently, it's true!
    I don't agree with Trump on most things, but I absolutely did not want Hillary because of what she said about African-American men and how the Clinton foundation has not helped our brothers and sisters in Haiti as much as it should have. Saw some pictures after the earthquake there a few years ago, and no difference.

I liked Bernie, but he did not win the Democrat candidacy. It's hard to believe that she was the candidate--not cool what she did to Bernie based on Wikileaks.

Don't believe it's "white" backlash as much as backlash against the Clintons. If Bernie was the Democrat nominee, he would have won, not Trump.

Noticed that that stockmarket seemed to soar after the election, so we'll see how he does as he promised about jobs...

An AA candidate who's Independent needs to be in the making--raising money, etc. I still believe that if our people want to progress, we need our people in office to make a difference. We need to be so independent (Greenwood, Tulsa-The Black Wall Street) that it shouldn't matter who's President in the future. In addition, we need a brother or sister as President who will promote math, science, NASA, etc. in the community. President Obama didn't have the time to do so.

One of Trump's quotes during the campaign was, (paraphrasing), "...the Democratic Party has failed you and you have nothing to lose by voting for me." That was interesting to me.

The fact the Republicans didn't like him and even had Never Trumper's really surprised me! Wow! He ran on the Republican ticket, but not considered a Republican or liked by the ones already in Congress? And some Republicans were going to vote for Hillary instead of him?!!

I'm willing to give him a chance out of curiosity...

I know I'm late, but had to respond. Sadly, we do not have a choice, but to 'give him a chance.'
    I'm no Hillary lover and voted for Bernie too, but make no mistake,TRUMP is no friend of black folks either. Every time I hear the slogan 'Make America Great Again' I think I had hoped black folks would have stayed awake (or staying awake). Also, during the election when Black Lives Matter protestors were protesting in his campaign stump, he stated that We are too good to them today in the old days we would be taking them out on a stretcher. Not to mention his lack of interest in condemning white supremacist groups.
    And when I heard him state to black folks, what have you got to lose, I found it interesting too, I found it insulting. Just like all black people do not think alike, we do not all LIVE the same way either. However, I am kind of glad he won since so many people are willing to overlook what he said and that he is going to do so much for them and Make America Great Again
    Last edited by Serbbral; 12-30-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not ready
    FKA: Kayday23

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump is a bullish artist, plain and simple. Everyday, one or more of his picks are exposed due to problems such as plagiarism, lack of experience in public education, and on and on. I almost feel sorry for the coal miners who were duped into voting for his lying a$$. Those with black lung disease and the widows of those who have passed are in trouble when the Affordable Care Act is repealed, not to mention all of the other Americans who use this as health care and have preexisting conditions. This is an outrage! I think that some people who voted for him are now second guessing their choice, but it is too little too late.

12. Likes Serbbral liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all...the Russians aren't fond of black people either. Just thought I'd put that out there...

On FB, a young friend of a friend mentioned his workplace and how he knows that some of his co-workers voted for Trump, but they're silent because his workplace is overwhelmingly liberal. Why don't they have the courage of their convictions? he wanted to know.

For the first time in over 30 years of working I've imposed a strict rule on the types of conversations I'll have in the office. Race, sex, politics, and religion are all completely OFF LIMITS. The one friend I've made in the office sometimes forgets -- she's about to retire so she spends a chunk of her day looking at real estate and watching videos; she's actually very cool and very progressive but she does not give a f*** -- and I have to gently remind her that we will have to take this conversation offline.

So I go on about my day BUT I know good and damn well that a majority of the white people in my office voted for Trump. (My county went for Clinton, but the state went for Trump.) I'd say my office is about 90% white and of that maybe 70 percent are white men. I don't hear anyone talking politics, at least not around me, and it seems that people in general are being polite and respectful. Thing is, though, I find myself thinking EVERY DAY: Which of these people can I trust? Can I trust ANY of them?

This is why I asked for, and got approval to, work from home on Friday. I claimed to have a couple of doctor's appointments on that day -- I actually have just one -- but I have no doubt they're going to air the inauguration on at least one of the big TV screens in the office, and I just don't want to be there listening to them celebrating this pitiful excuse of a human being.
    It's 2020...do you know where you're going to?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The orange one is not my president

Thoughts? We're F**ked!!

I'm partially disappointed in the American people if I believe (unlikely) that it's an honest election. I think we sided with a fraction and didn't analyze the entire picture. Most were hoodwinked, bamboozled and/or didn't care. But I'm most disappointed with congress (GOP) for allowing this bullsh*t to continue. We all know the powers that be have vested interest, so they allowed this joker to get into office to push their agenda. The crotchgrabber is in a pickle -- he had assistance: GOP, Alt-Rights, Russians. Deliver or be exposed and dethroned. While the 3 entities play their games, we're affected. It's no longer about political affiliation, religion, nationality, who won -- get over it. It's a good/evil, right/wrong issue because we represent the world... It's bigger than us (individual issues). While these new leaders exploit this country, the American people will suffer. The country is headed for uncertainty and possibly war. We're f**ked because we don't know and will not know with this administration until it's too late. Too much propaganda, corruption, espionage.
    Last edited by Fuzziwuz; 01-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast