Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help with 4c hair.

Hi guys, my name is bellatrix. Im on here because i am considering transitioning to natural hair for the 3rd time! In the past, i have not had any luck, but each experience has taught me different things about my hair.
    The first time, i learned that my hair hates shea butter, and the second time around, i learned that i was protein sensitive and had low porosity hair. This has greatly limited the options that i have for products because most products for black hair have shea butter in them. I also dont like glycerin, just because i live in Canada, and i would not be able to use those products in the winter.

I just really need some tips and tricks with dealing with low porosity 4c hair, before i take the plunge again. I also have issues deep conditioning because the product never sinks into my hair. After conditioning, its still sometimes crunchy. I remember mixing baking soda into my deep conditioner while i was still natural, and with good results. However, im looking for other methods because i am scared of the long term effects of using baking soda in the hair.

Thnx for the help ladies,
    Bellatrix

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help with 4c hair.

hi bellatrix. i've got 4c, low porosity hair too. transitioning back to loose natural and looking forward to it but i remember the ups and downs of my last loose journey. what i'm pleasantly surprised at is how much info there is out here now (vs when i was loose natural the last time). there are two youtube channels in particular that i really like. hopefully you'll find them useful as well:

(this clip deals specifically with low porosity hair and the LCO/LOC methods)

(this clip gives a few things that folks with 4c hair should avoid doing)

happy journey this time round

3. Thanks SilverLotusGirl thanked for this post
    Likes SilverLotusGirl liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My good friend named protectiveprincess on YouTube is also a 4c, low porosity chic. She has awesome videos about how to hydrate, moisturize, and many other things for our type hair. You should check her out. She really knows her stuff and is so informative but thorough and straight to the point. I think her videos can really help you with your hair issues that you mentioned. Wish you success this time around. It's all a journey!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should try different styles to refresh yourself. With a flat iron for 4c hair type you can easy do it. Go to the review page and pick the one that fit to you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually have to shop at the dollar store and just get what they have.