Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey y'all. Trying to keep a decent cut while pregnant.

Hey y'all, haven't been around in a while. I'm back because I was wondering if there was anyone here who had to deal with their hair growing like wildfire because of pregnancy, while also trying to keep a short cut?

I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I look like a sheep dog, like, a few minutes after I cut my hair these days. I call myself trying to have a fro hawk with shaved sides. I had it in this style or some variation of it for a couple of years now. I'm starting to need to get haircuts much more frequently now. At the same time, It's getting harder to do frequent haircuts. I cut my hair today, and my hips and legs feel like they got hit by a truck from having to stand there and do that. Rest assured that it will need another cut in like a week.

How do you deal? Just go to a barber shop instead? Go with a different style? I wonder if I can get a little more mileage out of a cut/style if I twist or braid up the bushy middle part after cutting it. I was even wondering about locking the middle up. That way I could just shave the sides to one length whenever and go. It would be quicker than trying to get the whole cut and tapering right every time.

I've had the middle much shorter before, it's just not a look that I prefer on myself, though technically that is an option as well.

If you had a fade or a super short cut during pregnancy, did it grow like crazy? Did you just roll with it, or get more frequent cuts, or do a different style all together? I did not have a fade length style with either of my first pregnancies, so this is new to me. I was usually grateful for the extra length but during those pregnancies, not battling it.
    Last edited by coalblacklocs; 01-28-2017 at 06:02 AM.