Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello All. I just restarted my dreads. Going the Salon route now

started locking my hair over the summer out of curiosity. I read many dread tutorials and watched a lot of videos. I was determined to do it myself. I started with the sponge (mistake)

my hair started off promising enough. My hair was nice and sectioned off and I listened to the idiots on youtube who said to rub every day. I did this for 2 months while continuing to wash my hair once a week. I continued until a friend of mine informed me that the sponge was bad and that I was thinning out my hair. So I stopped using it and just allowed it to do it's thing with the intention of crocheting them later

Fast forward to 5 months down the line. My hair was a tangled mass of dreads who wanted to fuse together, a few nice looking ones, and a few that had indefinable shapes. Some people would consider this a natural badge of honor. But To me, it was a mess

I had finally had enough and went to consult a loctician. I was scared of what may happen (I could lose all the hair i've been growing for over a year), but I went in anyway

Luckily, the lady I went to said that she could still fix my hair. She put me thru an hour long detangling process of the worse pain i've ever felt. After she was done, I was afraid to look. I was so sure that she had ripped out all my hair. But alas, most of the hair was still very much there.

She then twisted my hair with locking gel and a comb and had me dry it for an hour. And I must say that the end result is very satisfying. My hair looks better than ever.

Long story short,I've learned my lesson on listening to people on the internet. Especially those those who may have different hair textures than me.

Salon dreads all the way

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hello All. I just restarted my dreads. Going the Salon route now

Good luck on your journey.