Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Help me, please. (3c/4a hair)

[IMG][/IMG]
    So, for the past four years my hair has been transitioned to natural (it is completely natural now). My mom kept individuals in my hair the whole time so I didn't have to deal with trying to style it while it was transitioning. Last year in July, we took down my final set of individuals, as we felt it was finally completely natural. As you can see in the picture, I had ALOT of hair. My hair has always been thick, and very curly, not even the relaxers I used would fully get rid of my curls. Now....my hair is horrible. I hate it. I hate myself. That's why I blacked out my face--I feel horribly ugly. I'm spending less time out in public and more time at home crying over my hair. I'm so tempted to take a razor and shave my head completely bald. Even typing this, I'm crying. I hate looking at my hair and don't know what to do. After researching and evaluating what got my hair to this point I came to the verdict of I flat ironed and manipulated it way too much. I was twisting my hair EVERY DAY and flat ironed it about 8 times in between July 2016 and January 2017. All that hard work is for nothing because it's so damn ugly now.
    I just want some advice on what to do...should I cut it all off? Go back to wearing individuals? What are some good hair growing supplements, if you recommend I take those?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help me, please. (3c/4a hair)

Hello. I am so sorry that you are stressed and feeling bad. Your hair is not ugly to me, however it certainly could be damaged from heat usage and overtwisting. I recommend conditioning it well and wearing it in twist or knot styles with your own hair, not weave hair which can cause dryness and breakage. It may take some time for it to feel and look the way you want it to, but it is worth a try. If it feels totally fried, you could cut it off and grow it back. I imagine that you have learned from your mistakes, unfortunately the hard way. Feel free to browse on this board to get other advice and ideas. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Lockolatte; 02-11-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you try a year of wearing it in braids or twists with extensions? Only redo 3/4 times a year? That would give your hair a nice healthy break, then after a year, cut away that dry, brittle hair that may be left...just a thought?! But, it really doesn't look bad to me at all.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also like to say that you probably need to stop brushing it dry because that really breaks it off.