Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plantar fasciitis

Anyone had it and cured it??
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

2. Likes DazeOff, MommaBear14 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Plantar fasciitis

Hey Savvyone!

Haven't cured it yet, but I think I've found what is working for me.

A lil backstory: I've had mine for somewhere in the ballpark of 15 years now. (It stemmed from repeated sprained ankles.) Aside from the occasional shoe inserts, I didn't do much to try to cure or treat it. Although it hurt, especially first thing in the morning, I just learned to live with it.

I figured that I better start addressing it for real for real if I don't want to have further complications in the future.

Within the last year or so, I have been practicing yoga, and I've found that certain poses that stretch the calves (e.g. downward dog) have really helped in alleviating my plantar fasciitis. I've also just recently (within the past week or so) have been wearing a night splint (StabilityAce brand) that has almost removed the pain that I feel when I first step out of bed in the morning. Also, I try to roll my foot around on a massage ball (Rubz brand) at least every other day. I love that thing to pieces.

Things are looking up! I know I will need to keep all of this up consistently in order to completely get rid of the pain.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Plantar fasciitis

thanks Daze, I'm trying to wear the splint every night but it doesn't always happen, I know the first 3 days of using it I felt better and got confident and stopped thinking I was healed need to do the rolling thing too every day as well...I'm guessing it's something I'll have to do, didn't want to resort to cortisone shots. I have been stretching my calves more often to keep from cramping up while swimming so I guess the word is consistency for all of the above to keep it at bay!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

5. Likes DazeOff liked this post