I installed my sisterlocks last December and they're well on their way to locking, though not fully locked yet. Still, I have very little slippage in between my monthly retightening appointments, except for a couple at the back.

The problem is that I'm going to be in India for an internship from the beginning of May until mid-August and I have no idea what I'm going to do with my hair! I'm optimistic that if I can get it done once, about halfway through the trip, my hair will survive. My mom has sisterlocks and stretches her retightening appointments to every two months, and her hair is fine. (Hopefully my hair will be fully locked before I leave). I checked the sisterlocks consultant page and don't see any anywhere in India, and only a couple in Asia, both in Okinawa, Japan.

I wouldn't mind travelling if I can find a flight that isn't super expensive and it would be a good excuse to visit elsewhere in Asia. Australia could also potentially work as I have a friend that I've been wanting to visit.

I'm not really good at doing hair myself so that isn't really an option. I also don't want to ruin it!

Please help!