Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Greenleaf: Where do I start ?

Is anyone else ready to discuss the developments on this show? The mid-season finale had so much going on! These are my the main points I honed in on:

1) Poor Jacob is in over his head at Triumph. The pastor gambles the church funds away and his sermons are apparently more performance than heartfelt. At least Jacob and his wife have a plan to remove themselves from his circle.

2) I was proud of Zora for knowing when to leave. The behavior of her boyfriend was borderline abusive. I wish more girls would phone a friend/ relative to leave situations where they are disrespected / unsafe.

I also think it was mature of Sophia and Zora not to let the fact that they both liked the same boy come between them as cousins. Too many women allow a man to break up supportive relationships.

3) The Uncle Mac situation came to a climax in a way I didn't expect. I'm glad the show is revealing how abusers think (Mac: "I didn't do anything they didn't want.") And how they groom their victims. I'm glad he didn't actually rape the young lady. They really cut it close.

Mac was using the girlfriend. I can't help but wonder if she had low self-esteem. Why would she want to date an accused pedophile anyway? And yet, some women do.

Grace is so fixed on getting Mac locked up she nearly killed herself in the car. It's a good reminder that we can't let situations consume us. Grace let her mind run wild when Sophia didn't show up for dinner and raced to Mac's, thinkiing Sophia was trapped there.

I was afraid Mac would rape her after all the alcohol he drank. Then, it seemed like they would kill each other. At any rate, she cut a main artery. I wonder if Mac is dead.

4) Lastly, Kevin let his feelings for the young attorney show and they appear to have started a sexual relationship. I don't like this aspect of the show, but it seems determined to address sexual issus in the church, and hoe to address homosexuality is one of them.

Anyway, I know this is long What are your thoughts on Greenleaf ?
    Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
    - George Bernard Shaw

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
    - William Shakespeare

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without victims.
    - Harriet Woods

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Greenleaf: Where do I start ?

haven't had the time...my young adults (23 and 21) are addicted and try to get me to watch...I'm studying for exams every night but I've only heard great things....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato