Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Retirement!

Where/what do you all have planned? It's 18-20 years away but seeing how fast that time has flown since my kids were born it's never too late to start thinking about when I permanently and finally leave the workforce! My dream initial was to live out the rest of my life in Tahiti...now I'm thinking about Florida or Cali and then just travel a few times a year...thing is my main abode has to be in a climate that's warm and devoid of snow and ice and in short walking distance if not ON the beach, would be nice to have a pool too, since swimming is my fav right about now and will continue to be it's so relaxing and easy on the joints.

Let's hear it, what does your dream retirement look like??
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Retirement!

Does winning the lottery count? lol

When I think of retirement, I think of a meme my sister posted on FB: "Everybody who's my age is older than me." I am trying mightily to reconcile myself with the fact that I am about to turn 52 and that, due to health issues, I might have to retire at some point whether I'm financially prepared or not. That said, so long as my mind is clear, I have the kind of skills that can be done more or less comfortably from home so if business culture ever catches up I may be working for some years to come.

Ideally, though, I'd like to be able to not work if possible. I've got a bunch of different investment accounts doing different things but as of right now my combined balance isn't enough to see me through old age. At least I've got investments, though, and time...anyway, I have put it out there that I'm willing to do a kind of "Golden Girls" setup in which I go in with some friends on some property, preferably in a warmer part of the country. I'm also open to moving overseas to a country (again, preferably warmer than where I am now) where my money might go further.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Retirement!

My dream retirement is upon me as I retired two years ago. I travel, stay engaged with committee work, and occasionally tutor. I am enjoying just being. I gently remind friends who often send me job postings telling me that I have too much to give to not work, that I am a human being, not a human doing.
    public.fotki.com/outremount

4. Likes Brown.Beautiful liked this post