Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I need help!!

I have been natural going on 7 years. During this time, I have had braids and twist extensions. I have had sew ins and glued in weaves. Right now I have braids. I have been wrestling with the idea of going back to a relaxer. I am tired of dealing with my hair in the mornings. When I am not wearing braids, I am wearing it out in an "afro puff". With this I have to wet it every morning. Sometimes it acts right and sometimes it doesn't. My hair is different textures, leaving some areas looking nice and others areas not so much. With the braids, I get up spray and good to go. However, I have a hard time finding someone reasonable priced. When it starts to grow out, it looks bad and I feel like I have wasted my money. With a relaxer, I remember wrapping at night, unwrapping in the morning, spraying moisturizer/oil and good to go. The downside was spending hours in a salon.

I don't know what to do with my hair. I am over 40 and work in offices. I want to look professional and be comfortable at the same time. I need some help, advice, inspiration or something.

Thanks

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I need help!!

Hi,
    Sorry you are having troubles. It sounds like you have entered the natural doldrums. It has happened to me too. How long is your hair now? With the afro styles it is normal to wet them each morning to re-invigorate the style. It shouldn't take a long chunk out of your morning routine and the afro puff is a beautiful style. Do you have any colorful little scarves you could wear to jazz up your afro?

When you start thinking about relaxing again, remember why you went natural in the first place. If your reasons for being natural and stopping the relaxer are still the same, hold onto that and try something new with your natural hair. You may regret it instantly once you go back to relaxing.

I am also over 40. I alternate between twists, afro and chunky extensions using synthetic hair. Have you tried crochet braids yet?

Sometimes all we need is a little inspiration to get out of a hair rut.
    Dee
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I need help!!

My hair is different lengths. The back is shorter than the front, with brealage throughout. I don't feel like has grown too much. My scalp sweats alot and makes wearing sew in and anything stay with cornrows very itchy.

Thanks for responding.