Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello! Looking for advice!

Hi!

I seriously need help with my hair--despite doing it off and on (more on) for the last 6 years I still don't know how to take care of my hair. It's the texture of a cotton ball and it knots like one too. I try to detangle with care but my strands are so fine, they snap. I have tried protein treatments, diet changes, moisturizing conditioners, etc. and my hair is still super fine and not all that elastic. I guess the biggest problem is that my hair clumps together and doesn't hold styles well. I've tried styling gels and creams, and I haven't found a product that works for me. When I say my hair clumps together, I mean it clumps (like sideshow bob on the Simpsons clumps). I'm really looking for some guidance here because I'm in an area where I don't have access to good stylists and I'd rather do it myself.

My hair is a mix of s-shaped and z-shaped coils (with a width of half a pencil). Right now I use Miss Jessies Leave In, Qhemet Naturals aethiopika twist butter, and vitamin e oil. These products may sound like they are too thick for my strands but anything lighter and my hair is dry.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions. Mainly trying to grow and retain length.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hello! Looking for advice!

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrycreamdream View Post
    Hi!

I seriously need help with my hair--despite doing it off and on (more on) for the last 6 years I still don't know how to take care of my hair. It's the texture of a cotton ball and it knots like one too. I try to detangle with care but my strands are so fine, they snap. I have tried protein treatments, diet changes, moisturizing conditioners, etc. and my hair is still super fine and not all that elastic. I guess the biggest problem is that my hair clumps together and doesn't hold styles well. I've tried styling gels and creams, and I haven't found a product that works for me. When I say my hair clumps together, I mean it clumps (like sideshow bob on the Simpsons clumps). I'm really looking for some guidance here because I'm in an area where I don't have access to good stylists and I'd rather do it myself.

My hair is a mix of s-shaped and z-shaped coils (with a width of half a pencil). Right now I use Miss Jessies Leave In, Qhemet Naturals aethiopika twist butter, and vitamin e oil. These products may sound like they are too thick for my strands but anything lighter and my hair is dry.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions. Mainly trying to grow and retain length.
    If I was in your shoes, I would loc it up. Less worrying.
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    LocĀ“d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012