Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Trying to find my hair type sisters

I don't know why my previous post isn't visible. I can't even see it to edit or delete it but here we go.

I’ll be natural for 6 years in August, and I’ve noticed something with my hair type. The only person I have ever seen with this hair type (including in person, pictures, the internet, and social media) is my mom. Of course. Sometimes it can be discouraging because I get lost in the hype. The only natural hair that I see that gets boosted all over twitter and tumblr and everywhere else is that sleek, shiny natural hair. The natural hair with the magical edges that can lay right to sleep. The natural hair that is in its natural state, but looks slick and straight in a ponytail. Or I see the really kinky natural hair. I don’t see much of the in between.

My natural does not lay sleek. My edges definitely don’t do the magical laid look. My natural straight hair isn’t flowy and shiny. When my hair is straight I CANNOT put any gel or edge control on it to make it slick or lay down my edges because my hair will revert. So i always have cowlicks everywhere when its straight. I don’t know! Its strange.

I know there has to be some girls in the world with hair like me. The “underrepresented” natural hair. We can share hair tips that do work for us. What doesn’t work. Empower each other. There is strength in numbers!

I don’t take pictures of just my hair so the pictures that are on the post are all selfies lol. I tried to include a range the states of my hair so I can as accurate as possible. Washed & detangled. Picked out puffs. A top puff. Tried to get a closer one of my edges. Straight hair. Straight hair after its been a few weeks after getting it pressed.

So if you see that we have similar hair, then post your pics sis!!!! I put the link in the post. hope it works. Let’s talk.

pictures in order from L to R:

1: Washed & detangled
    2: Curls detangled and product on it for a twist out
    3: Picked out puffs
    4:Top puff with how my edges look after I do them. after they reverted from the edge control & gel
    5: How my hair looks dried& scarfed overnight when I tried the sleek bun
    6: Day after being pressed
    7: Freshly out the chair getting it pressed
    8: The back of that same hairstyle 4 days later
    9: Straight hair after it's been a while

I'm sorry that the picture is so small. Try to zoom if you can & if you need to. I was working for hours to get them on here without them being so huge. This was the only way I could get it on here in a cohesive manner lol.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Trying to find my hair type sisters

Hi, I am a noob here on the forum. Yet, I wanted to tell you that your hair is beautiful. I also like the color.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything you said describes my hair to a T!!! Especially about the natural straight hair! Everyone recommends gel and edge control for me but it doesn't work because my hair will revert! What's your hair routine? What do you use for washing your hair? And your straightening routine? I can't see your pictures too well, but pic #2 definitely looks like my curls. I'll post pics of my hair in the comments soon!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hair is pretty. I liked the waved style on the 7th position. You look amazing in that style