Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Allow me to introduce myself :)

Hi,

My name is Shuantaye and I wanted to join a community where I can have discussions about hair care. Particularly Natural Hair Care. I'm a stylist by trade but I am natural. There are so many natural hair gurus out there but I find some give misleading information. Particularly those who never went to school to learn the science behind our hair. I am minimalist and I definitely try to teach people simple ways to care for their hair. I recently started a youtube channel for women and men who wanted to find simple ways to care for their hair. I realized that although we have all of these channels and videos out , that people are still unaware about certain things. So I say all of this to say that I hope I can help at least one person, meet new people, and chit chat .https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC98...POxvUuHKyM5v5A

2. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Allow me to introduce myself :)

Greetings,
    Shuantaye. Welcome. Nice to meet you. I am noob Napp member myself. I joined Napp forum to learn, help and encourage others while I am on my natural hair journey. I BC back in October 28, 2015, so my second anniversary will be next month. Therefore, my TWA is in its awkward stage (not too short, but not long either and growing out weird). Recently, I trimmed my hair because I have not had a trim since I big chopped (trim almost a month ago). Also, I am experimenting with products trying to see what my hair likes and dislikes. I have a few holy grail staples, but still in search of a good gel to make my curl and or waves pop. The Eco styler gel isn't my favorite (although it does make my hair curl). In addition, I tried the Beautiful Textures Curl Defining Custard. This made my hair shine and curls pop more than the Eco Styler, but I just cannot take the crunch and or stiffness of my hair in a wash n go using these products. Anyway, I will check out your channel. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by NatrulyMe; 09-03-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    Hair Type: 3C
    Porosity: High porosity
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium
    Hair Elasticity: Medium

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eco style does the same for me. It has the definition, hold, but it always has a cast. I usually use one of my favorite oils to help with that. In general mostly all gels leave a cast. Unless, it's cream based. Have you ever tried Cantu twist & lock gel?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Me & These Curls View Post
    Eco style does the same for me. It has the definition, hold, but it always has a cast. I usually use one of my favorite oils to help with that. In general mostly all gels leave a cast. Unless, it's cream based. Have you ever tried Cantu twist & lock gel?
    No. Yet, I tried the Cantu Coconut curling cream. It helps define my curls, but not make it pop. I may invest in purchasing Cantu twist & lock and try a flaxseed gel to see if it holds my curls for a wash n go. I don't mind a little crunch, but i hate it when i cannot shake my hair and when it stiff. Maybe I am putting too much Eco styler or Beautiful Texture Custard on my hair? I do get heavy handed a times... LOL

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! Natural hair can be a bit of a trial and error, but sharing information is essential to help everyone learn what works best. There is a lot of information here and we are in the process of restructuring the site to make things even easier to find! If you have any questions, please go ahead and ask!

~Dee!
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

7. Likes NatrulyMe liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely understand. I have to reevaluate if whether I'm going to continental using Cantu products anymore. I recently found out that leave in has rubbing alcohol in it and although it's a miniscule amount the fact that they have the ingredient in there is concerning to me. Eco Styler has a new leave in and edge control that I may try out on my channel. I love eco to define my curls but I'm trying to find another alternative to gel. I don't think you're using to much gel. It has a crunchy unless you break it with oil.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel about finding another product to define your curls other than gel?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Me & These Curls View Post
    I completely understand. I have to reevaluate if whether I'm going to continental using Cantu products anymore. I recently found out that leave in has rubbing alcohol in it and although it's a miniscule amount the fact that they have the ingredient in there is concerning to me. Eco Styler has a new leave in and edge control that I may try out on my channel. I love eco to define my curls but I'm trying to find another alternative to gel. I don't think you're using to much gel. It has a crunchy unless you break it with oil.
    Hey, Me & These Curls.

Sorry, I haven't been posting here in quite a while... I stopped using Cantu products (accept the hydrating leave-in conditioning mist). I seen videos and read about the rubbing alcohol. Too bad, it was my favorite brand. Anyways, I've been experimenting with products (start a new regimen and routine). So far, it is going well... As for gels, I do not think it is for my hair. Although, last times I tried a wash n go it was the best one I ever done. I finally invested in KCKT & KCCC, but I haven't tried the KCCC yet.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gel, butters, moisture. All help to define curls. It just depends what you are after and how you set your hair - twists, bantus, braids, finger coiling - all create different looks.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

12. Likes NatrulyMe liked this post