Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Desperate for scalp treatment!

So for the past 3 years I've noticed I've had a very itchy scalp, with this now leading to build up when I itch, flakes and bleeding if I itch too much (Can't help it!) Even when I wash my hair there are still flakes! i can't seem to find good products to help me at all..Can anyone suggest anything??
    I am also currently transitioning from relaxed hair back to natural so nothing harsh

2. Thanks deecoily thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Desperate for scalp treatment!

Hi Dainmw,
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble but you're not alone! Sometimes when transitioning, the scalp undergoes a lot of changes and not all of them are pleasant. Relaxers cause a lot of imbalances ane your scalp is now reacting and trying to rebalance itself.

What you need to do is take a look at the products you are using. Stay away from any shampoos that contain sulfates (SLS, SLeS, ALS). Try using a shampoo bar instead of liquid shampoo.

Do not use anything with petrolatum on your scalp. Use a balancing oil like Jojoba which is a wax ester and helps a lot with excess sebum.

Try and keep your scalp covered. Minimize parting and exposing your scalp to the environment.

Itchies can be horrible. Once you start treating your scalp with gentler products, the itchies should lessen.

What is your routine now? What are you using?
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll definitely look into those products and at the moment, I haven't got a consistent routine because I usually have braids in meaning less hair washes. When I do wash my hair, I use shea moisture shampoo and conditioner & castor oil on my scalp/hair

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danimw View Post
    I'll definitely look into those products and at the moment, I haven't got a consistent routine because I usually have braids in meaning less hair washes. When I do wash my hair, I use shea moisture shampoo and conditioner & castor oil on my scalp/hair
    Braids are really convenient when you want to rest your hair. Do you know that the synthetic hair may be causing your problems? Is your scalp more itchy when you are in braids?

Soak your extension hair in acv and water for about 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition (and air dry) hair before installing it. That will remove the coating from the hair that causes the itchies. Just make sure you have a secure elastic band (or a few) around the hair loop so it doesn't get tangled. Tell your stylist to do this for you if she uses her own packets of hair.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like my scalp isn't getting any better! Even to the point where after i take out my braids / weave there is so much buildup, my scalp will eventually start to smell so bad! I can't not use products because they help my scalp when it itches but i need a long term solution?!

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you may have a buildup problem and an imbalance. Have you tried using a clarifying shampoo after taking the braids/weave out? You will need to get that scalp back in balance and the first step is to make sure it is cleansed. I would even suggest a scalp exfoliant at this point.

When the braids are in, you need to wash your scalp at least once a week then use a light oil when your hair/scalp is still damp.

It is going to be a little bit of trial and error until you find what works for you. Don't give up!
    ~Dee~

8. Likes Brown.Beautiful liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made the mistake of not clarifying my hair with my bra extensions and I ended up with a sore from the buildup germs.

I agree with @deecoily, you're need an exfoliator to help with the cleaning. I usually use the vita good shampoo brush with my regular shampoo: https://www.amazon.com/Vitagoods-Sca.../dp/B00QHK91MK

WORKS. LIKE. A. CHARM.

Gets all the buildup out, and less time than scrubbing with my bare fingers.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really very irritating thing to happen on scalp. Read this Article

HOW TO DETOX YOUR HAIR SCALP REGULARLY