Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone else determined to get fit in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by law View Post
    Yep I am fed up and making 2018 my year. I had lost about 60lbs about seven years ago and kept it off for three years before gaining it all back. I have figured out calorie counting an I don't get along. I already knew a very restrictive diet won't work for me. I have always exorcised so that isn't a problem, but I need to step that up. I had been reading up on fasting so a few days before new years I started intermittent fasting and it works great for me (down 9lbs currently). I think it is working because I realized that many times I ate because I just thought I should (breakfast is the most important meal of the day ......NOT). I find it helps me to eat when I am actually hungry. I have not changed what I eat just the time I eat. This is something I believe I can easily stick with. We will see.

Side not I have also started jumping rope more. I like doing it and doesn't require a gym. All I need is a rope. I jogged for years but I am just bored with it
    I think intermittent fasting helps with calorie restriction, you're just consuming less because you're eating within a shorter window.It's the same idea, but packaged a different way. Its a great tool! Either way, I'm glad its working with you. I've always had issues with jumping ropes because i have a very large bust (HH cup) I haven't jumped anything since middle school

I've been trying to be mindful for my overall calories, but not like strict tracking. I'm losing an average for 1 pound a week, however today is weigh in day so lets see how that goes lol. I haven't been back to the gym since my injury.

Anyone have any daily wellness practices or fit hacks they have? I've been trying to drink Apple Cider Vinegar with my tea each day- my skin has had fewer breakouts. I've also drastically reduced my sweetened beverage intake. Also, trying to get my 10.000 steps each day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone else determined to get fit in 2018?

Intermediate fasting can be a way to restrict calories (for those who don't over eat during the eating window), but I tend to exercise during the fasting period which is suppose to help burn fat (no carbs or sugar in system to burn). So I am averaging about two pounds a week for now. But now that I have started eating this way I really like it.

I am very lucky I have moderate boobage which my trusty sports bra takes care of....LOL. So I can see why jumping rope is not an option for you Brown.Beautiful. I hate the gym. I just don't go. If I can't work out at home or outside my front door I just don't. I am way too lazy to get my self together, to go somewhere, to work out.

I do either have ACV in water or lemon and water during the day. At first it was to stave off hunger, but now I just like it. There does not appear to be a difference in my skin. I do try for 10,000 steps a day (with limited success). Winter is not a good time for me I tend to hibernate.
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123