Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone else determined to get fit in 2018?

I do one green smoothie a day...I'm really looking forward to using my food processor and vitamix more so all sauces, hummus, dressings, etc. are prepared by me/for me lol...nothing store bought...
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown.Beautiful View Post
    What are your thoughts on programs like WW? In the past i've had success but when I go off its a mess. But its like a budget but with calories. I suppose its the same as regular calorie counting. Intermittent Fasting help with calorie restriction too because you're eating less (ideally).
    @Brown.Beautiful: I have never joined any program mostly because I want my relationship with food to be something that's independent of a group. That's also what my dietitian's overall goal is, that I get to a place where I don't need her support. Gaining knowledge and maintaining positive habits is my goal right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown.Beautiful View Post
    Everyone, I have a serious topic I want to discuss. 3 square meal a day. Do you do it? I know my people on IF probably don't but some try to fit "three meals" into the fasting period. I've realized that I don't physically need three meals but its such a conditioning.

Also, another thought, anyone into juicing or smoothies?
    @Brown.Beautiful: So over the course of the year where I was calorie counting/IFing, I developed a habit of skipping breakfast and snacking my way through lunchtime and now I actually struggle to have more than one "square meal" a day (dinner). My dietitian is not crazy about that and I've been trying to learn to eat a lunch at the very least but I think at this point I'm ok with just subbing my non-so healthy snacks with healthier ones. She's also encouraged me to eat a breakfast but I tried a few days and I'm honestly just over the whole idea of eating in the morning. I usually just have a cup of tea or coffee.

Smoothies were a thing when I was in college just because they were convenient, not so much nowadays. Big non-believer in any "detox" juicing, your body already has a detox system, comprised of liver, kidneys, colon etc.

All the best to all of you ladies!
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    I'm going to do this without gym or machines. Trying diet and more strenuous activity. I have been diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid and now am on medication which is going to make me gain more weight. Does anyone use a recommended fitness tracker that is the good one to track your exercise and weight? I had a fitbit but it doesn't work anymore -
    The iWatch is pretty damn good. I have a Series 2. I got one to sync with my continuous glucose monitor (CGM). That helps me manage my type 1 diabetes. The result is I now use the Health app a lot. It tracks a ton of stuff and syncs with a ton of other fitness/health apps. I'd check it out. Basically, if it's a health-focused app and it's on iOS it probably communicates with the iWatch too.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345