Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone else determined to get fit in 2018?

WW was great for me accountability-wise, BUT I would eat very little on Thursdys and nothing on Fridays just so the weigh in would go well...and I did lose 25 lbs both times I was on the program but then gained it all back when I got off, which makes me want to do this in such a way that there is no "getting off the program", ya know??
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

2. Thanks Brown.Beautiful thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savvyone View Post
    WW was great for me accountability-wise, BUT I would eat very little on Thursdys and nothing on Fridays just so the weigh in would go well...and I did lose 25 lbs both times I was on the program but then gained it all back when I got off, which makes me want to do this in such a way that there is no "getting off the program", ya know??

I hear you. But I think fitness is less about goals and more about sustainability because so why keep working the program until you become a lifetime member (I think its free at the point). If accountability works then why not let it work?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started to look for a local meeting last nite, lol...as long as I don't go back to starving myself 2 days a week it could be a good thing, going to look into it anyway...maybe it's the "push" I need to at least have some parameters for what I consume on the daily...
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been at 250 for the longest, how I got up to 275 I'll never know but it scared me enuf to re-join WW immediately! I'm a "community" type of girl, so here I go again, looking forward to the sharing/caring of the meetings...no more playing around with this weight thang though, it's been hard enuf struggling in my 40s, I'm not taking this into the next decade of my life so once these pounds leave they are gone FOREVER!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started to look for a local meeting last nite, lol...as long as I don't go back to starving myself 2 days a week it could be a good thing, going to look into it anyway...maybe it's the "push" I need to at least have some parameters for what I consume on the daily...
    Maybe have your weigh-in day in the middle of the week?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to let the scale do what it does and and not get impatient with the process, I've boxed myself into a corner to have to lose almost 100 pounds so it's gonna take time, probably the next year or more...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to let the scale do what it does and and not get impatient with the process, I've boxed myself into a corner to have to lose almost 100 pounds so it's gonna take time, probably the next year or more...

Patience i think is always key. Excited for you!

Everyone, I have a serious topic I want to discuss. 3 square meal a day. Do you do it? I know my people on IF probably don't but some try to fit "three meals" into the fasting period. I've realized that I don't physically need three meals but its such a conditioning.

Also, another thought, anyone into juicing or smoothies?

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to do this without gym or machines. Trying diet and more strenuous activity. I have been diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid and now am on medication which is going to make me gain more weight. Does anyone use a recommended fitness tracker that is the good one to track your exercise and weight? I had a fitbit but it doesn't work anymore -
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow WW really changed a lot since 8 years ago...back then I took whatever point allotment I had and divided it by 6 and tried to get as close to it with each mini-meal as I could....3 squares for me went out the window ions ago...the weight packed on with sweets and fast food (my vice), I don't even think I eat all that much but the calories in my indulgences are disastrous, and the whole "grazing" thing, yeah I've got my work cut out lol

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dee,
    I've never used a wrist tracker, however, I finally found this online diet and fitness tracker that I used when I entered the YMCA weight loss contest several years ago. I really liked this site. It has online trackers for quite a few things such as your blood pressure to pain and everything in between. Check it out. It's called medhelp.org.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast