Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What shampoo/conditioner should I use / Should I just cut it all off?

Hi guys,

Hopefully I can get some responses on this; I have a couple questions. I just ran out of shampoo/conditioner ("2 in 1") but it's head and shoulders and I heard that's not really good for anyone. Is there any good, basic, locally available, easy to use shampoo/conditioner that would be good for my hair?

My hair falls out a little (apart from the places I'm losing hair) I was told that was from the hot water I was washing it with and the bad shampoo. Is that so?

Also, I have some hair loss that's really starting to come in strong.

pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/HTOea

You can't really see it as much without the flash, which is maybe how it looks IRL, but when I turn the flash on you can really see it. You guys think I should just get rid of it all? I wanted to get dreads for a second there, but with the M/O pattern balding, I think it might just look funny.

What do you guys think? Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What shampoo/conditioner should I use / Should I just cut it all off?

Hello @underswamp1008. Welcome to Nappturality!

I do not think that the loss of hair is coming from the hot water or shampoo, but instead, it is hereditary. I'd recommend a sulfate-free shampoo (look for the term on the bottle) and a conditioner.

Are you attached to your hair? If not, I'd recommend rocking a baldy or cutting it as close to your scalp as you feel comfortable. A friend of mine was in a similiar situation and did not want to cut his hair, but he was also stressed about his male pattern baldness. One day, he buzzed it super low and he told me that he wishes that he did that years ago.

If you decide to grow locs, you will probably end up losing the ones on your crown and top of your head, so keep that in mind.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What shampoo/conditioner should I use / Should I just cut it all off?

Thanks so much for your reply! As far as being attached to my hair...only halfway. I really wanted to get dreads just to try them, but if it's not in the cards, then so be it. I don't wanna be one of those desperate looking guys with struggle dreads lmao. I might just cut it off...

If I go super low, like no guard, should I still use shampoo to take care of the scalp?

Thanks again

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, definitely still use shampoo. But stay away from shampoos that contain sulfates of any kind, silicones (anything ending in "one") and alcohol other than cetaryl alcohol.
    Use a scalp-nourising leave in spray to add sheen and keep your scalp moisturized. Check your ingredients and make sure it is as natural as possible, with good stuff like coconut oils and essential oils.

A low cut would look great on you and balance your look.

"Struggle dreads"
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

You def should use gentler products on your hair. If you want to start with Shea Moisture product lines, that would be great. I've learned that taking care of your scalp is super important because that is where your hair grows out of!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, thanks a lot guys!

Someone told me to stop using shampoo all together and only use conditioner. Is that accurate for black hair? They said because it dries out a lot.

And I still haven't cut it...I'm getting emotional lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Kadima African Black Soap Shampoo and Conditioner. It has help to keep my hair healthy, definitely a staple. You can visit there website at kadimaobp.com.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think that the loss of hair is coming from the hot water or shampoo, but instead, it is hereditary.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    احصل على
    أفضل مركز لزراعة الشعر فى تركيا في تركيا لتتجاوز مشكلة تساقط الشعر بتكلفة فعالة. نحن نقدم خدمات مثل زرع اللحية ، زرع شعر الحواجب ، زراعة الشعر للنساء وما إلى ذلك لمعرفة المزيد عنا يرجى زيارة موقعنا على شبكة الإنترنت أو الاتصال بنا على +905551044433.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would advise you to still use shampoo and conditioner. Use shampoo twice or thrice a week and use conditioner everyday. I would also recommend that you use natural hair care products. I am using Aquableu shampoo and conditioner in Amazon, been using it for months now and I'm loving the results.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes there are a lot of shampoos which will fullfill your requirements, as some of the brands which are using the components of
    baby shampoo which is very good and you can go for it easily.