Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Most Beloved Product Now Discontinued

I'm long past my product junky days and for years had settled on three product that kept my puff looking tight and right.
    1. African Royal Braid Sheen (Puff)
    2. Ampro Shine n Jam (edge control and heavy enough to lay my hair leading into my puff)
    3. III Sister's of Nature (The most wonderful detangler and curl enhancer EVAH and it has been discontinued.)
      Name:  smiliey cry 2.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  4.5 KB
    4. It's really sad because all three products worked so well together. No flaking. No reaction to one another. No horrible residue build up when used by themselves or together. And I've looked all over the Internet. It's pretty much gone. Except I did find on source on Amazon. Surely this is typo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	III Sister's of Nature.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	11176

Name:	LOL smiley.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	11177

What's your most beloved product that has been discontinued? What did you find to use in its place? I have no replacement for my III Sister's of Nature Curling Gelo yet. I'm procrastinating because I don't feel like doing the trial error to find it's replacement.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Most Beloved Product Now Discontinued

NM, I don't typically patronize local beauty supply stores but when I do I'm often surprised at how I'll find brands on their shelves that I haven't seen in years. Not sure what the market is like in your neck of the woods but the next time you find yourself in a major city (NYC/Chicago/etc.) check out those places.

I'm still a bit of a product junkie in that I'm always open to experimenting (but see my post under Napptural Random Thoughts).

The one product I can think of isn't so much discontinued as it's really hard to find in my neck of the woods. VO5 Free Me Freesia was the only VO5 conditioner that ever did anything for my hair and I think one big reason for that was it contained AVJ. All those other V05s that naturals liked did NOTHING. After searching high and low in more dollar stores than I care to admit, I ended up ordering a 6-pack (!) from Amazon, paying far more than I would have had I found it in the store. I think I've got 2 bottles left...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

3. Likes Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general rule, I don't buy products from the Asian beauty supplies on first try. I had been buying III Sister's of Nature from Baker's Supermarket (owned by Kroger's) and it suddenly disappeared from their shelves. Then I discovered that Mid K Asian beauty supply carried it so I started buying it from them. I normally try to stock up on things I really like, but at $10 a pop I could never make myself buy more than one jar at a time. Had I known it was discontinued, I'd have purchased cases of this stuff. It's detangling properties were superior to anything I'd ever used. Plus and added bonus, it actually somewhat defined my "curls" you know those ones I swore I didn't have. Turns out I have a few amongst the frizz, lol. I'm so sad it's discontinued.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

5. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    I'm long past my product junky days and for years had settled on three product that kept my puff looking tight and right.
    1. African Royal Braid Sheen (Puff)
    2. Ampro Shine n Jam (edge control and heavy enough to lay my hair leading into my puff)
    3. III Sister's of Nature (The most wonderful detangler and curl enhancer EVAH and it has been discontinued.)
      Name:  smiliey cry 2.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  4.5 KB
    4. It's really sad because all three products worked so well together. No flaking. No reaction to one another. No horrible residue build up when used by themselves or together. And I've looked all over the Internet. It's pretty much gone. Except I did find on source on Amazon. Surely this is typo.

Name:	III Sister's of Nature.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	11176

Name:	LOL smiley.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	11177

What's your most beloved product that has been discontinued? What did you find to use in its place? I have no replacement for my III Sister's of Nature Curling Gelo yet. I'm procrastinating because I don't feel like doing the trial error to find it's replacement.
    I'm surprised at what hasn't been discontinued... like Kemi Oyl... some people love stuff that comes in a tiny bottle...
    Palm Rolling... 125 locs... Nature's Protein Gelee

Naturals Salon & Spa... http://gotlocsva.com/

http://www.afropedea.org/pics

7. Likes Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aveda Sap Moss conditioner has been discontinued. It had the best slip ever.

9. Likes Napia Mia liked this post