You know, this topic is timely from me - coming back from self-induced internet hibernation...

I had a health scare in January this year that put me in the hospital... it involve my heart and my thyroid.

Making a long story short, I've been put on medication for heart and thyroid (hopefully I can stop taking this mess next year) that has wreaked havoc with my body, hair and nails. Then they overdosed me and everything stopped. Ended up in care again. My nails turned orange and went like tissue paper. I gained about 20 pounds almost overnight. My hair.... It's like it just STOPPED growing and when the shedding phase came in, it shed like crazy and thinned out. Still healthy (what's still there) but definitely not normal. So my hormones are making me angry.

So right now I am doing cornrows and wearing wigs for full coverage and to give my hair and scalp time out of the elements and in complete rest.

I'm also using lavender oils and JBCO with Cantu Ant-Breakage oil. I hope my hair recovers. If not, well I'll shave it off again and start over.

Ahhhh. Life changes.