Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Awe man. It's Official...

Man, I'm glad we have each other to brainstorm with as we travel through a new season. It's comforting. With that being said, I would HOPE aloe vera juice with follicle stimulating EOs could help? (pending they are not contraindicated with your meds). I applaud the courage it takes to deal with all of this and grateful for a place to share 'safe zone'. Dont forget that inflammation is our enemy in this season. Simple things like watching carb and sugar intake will work against us....#selfcare.

I have seen temples that were growing bald resurge recently.I've started 4 new locks. Ignoring them and watering them was my only difference. They grew so much i had to merge them with other locks (would of been more stress) or start new locks. I consistently took MSM and Calcium and a shot of aloevera juice with chlorophyll daily-for joint related issues. Resulted in hair growth. Maybe this will help??? Worth a try???

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnottyAuthor View Post
    Man, I'm glad we have each other to brainstorm with as we travel through a new season. It's comforting. With that being said, I would HOPE aloe vera juice with follicle stimulating EOs could help? (pending they are not contraindicated with your meds). I applaud the courage it takes to deal with all of this and grateful for a place to share 'safe zone'. Dont forget that inflammation is our enemy in this season. Simple things like watching carb and sugar intake will work against us....#selfcare.

I have seen temples that were growing bald resurge recently.I've started 4 new locks. Ignoring them and watering them was my only difference. They grew so much i had to merge them with other locks (would of been more stress) or start new locks. I consistently took MSM and Calcium and a shot of aloevera juice with chlorophyll daily-for joint related issues. Resulted in hair growth. Maybe this will help??? Worth a try???
    Thanks for the info. I do indeed take a variety of meds for various reasons so I'd have to check with my doctor, whom I'm sure will want to run a bunch of tests to confirm and rule out various conditions. Can't do that until my insurance kick in with my new job on February 1. I'm hoping it's hormonal a medication induced with my thought that it can be reversed. In the meantime, if it doesn't get any worse than this, I'll be ok.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending healing thoughts, Dee. You WILL recover!

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    You know, this topic is timely from me - coming back from self-induced internet hibernation...

I had a health scare in January this year that put me in the hospital... it involve my heart and my thyroid.

Making a long story short, I've been put on medication for heart and thyroid (hopefully I can stop taking this mess next year) that has wreaked havoc with my body, hair and nails. Then they overdosed me and everything stopped. Ended up in care again. My nails turned orange and went like tissue paper. I gained about 20 pounds almost overnight. My hair.... It's like it just STOPPED growing and when the shedding phase came in, it shed like crazy and thinned out. Still healthy (what's still there) but definitely not normal. So my hormones are making me angry.

So right now I am doing cornrows and wearing wigs for full coverage and to give my hair and scalp time out of the elements and in complete rest.

I'm also using lavender oils and JBCO with Cantu Ant-Breakage oil. I hope my hair recovers. If not, well I'll shave it off again and start over.

Ahhhh. Life changes.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about the health issues, NM and Dee. (I forgot how to tag people.) Take care of yourselves, ladies. Like NM said, getting older can be a B. But we'll get through it.

I'm with you on the hair thinning. I haven't done anything about it b/c I believe I've been in denial.

KnottyAuthor, thanks for the tip on the aloe vera gel. I think I recall Vitamin E oil being a fix, too. I'll have to search the site. It is SUCH a great resource!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12