Likes Likes:  1
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can We Talk About the Dem Debates?

Everyone is talking about how Biden has the Black woman vote on lock. I'm not so sure about this. I see his approval among us being more from his familiarity with us than with his policy. He represents to me the safe, easy (lazy) Democratic voter. I am one of those people who likes Biden, who he is and how he handles himself - but when I saw Kamala up against him on that debate stage and listened to her personal stories, she moved up a few notches with me. Picture Biden as Trump - she eviscerates her opponents by by being prepared, succinct and laser focused. Biden was shocked by her prowess and that diminished him in my eyes.

Kamala nailed it.

As far as the other candidates worth mentioning, Bernie Sanders was the same old Bernie Sanders. Nothing new and everything I expected.
    Buttigieg - not a champion for Black people
    Swalwell - mayo with hot sauce
    Gillibrand - vanilla pistachio ice cream
    Bennett - hot fritos with a side of whine

The rest...... meh
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU. As long as you are constantly striving to get what someone else has naturally, you will not be able to recognize the beauty in what you already have."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can We Talk About the Dem Debates?

Anybody who says any candidate has the black woman vote on lock this early in the game is talking out of their ***...and flattening and simplifying us as per usual.

Of those four hours, I'd say maybe 20 minutes of it consisted of actual debating. The rest of it was people stating their positions (or trying to) and shouting at each other. I'm so sick and tired of mainstream media (with the help of the DNC) going the easy route when the future of our democracy is literally on the line.

What they should have done was had four actual DEBATES of 60-90 minutes in length with five candidates per debate. The ten who gave the most satisfactory answers based on a poll of Democrat and independent voters (good luck with that) would be invited to debate each other again in a second round (two debates, five per debate). The five who did the best according to a different poll would debate each other in a third round.

I have not thrown my hat into anybody's ring yet but based solely on those four hours that I won't get back, I was most impressed with Castro and Harris. I would have added Warren to that list except I felt from the very beginning that the moderators were favoring her over others. They did that with Biden to some extent as well. After what happened with Hillary I'm extra suspicious of the DNC and the mainstream media tipping the scales, so to speak.

I know Buttigieg is having some issues with the black folks of his city but at least he was honest about his fallibility. And I realize what I'm about to say may make some folks mad but keeping it really real: There isn't a single Democratic candidate out there who's perfect. Looking for ideological perfection will give Money Boo Boo a second term. (Shit...the Russians will probably give him a second term, but that's a whole other subject.) NOBODY's going to get everything they want in a candidate...and that's OKAY.

A big part of me doesn't think white Americans will elect another president who's not a white man but just in case I'm wrong, I'm on the fence about Harris being that candidate. Part of me thinks she absolutely would hand Mango Mussolini's *** to him but part of me also thinks (insert hand claps) why the HELL are black women always expected to fix everybody's shit? Let somebody else do that shit. I want black women to take care of THEMSELVES and their own for once. Harris and a good half of those candidates need to stay in Congress (or run for senator).

All right, I'm done ranting...
    How will your 2019 be different than any other year?

3. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can We Talk About the Dem Debates?

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    Anybody who says any candidate has the black woman vote on lock this early in the game is talking out of their ***...and flattening and simplifying us as per usual.

Of those four hours, I'd say maybe 20 minutes of it consisted of actual debating. The rest of it was people stating their positions (or trying to) and shouting at each other. I'm so sick and tired of mainstream media (with the help of the DNC) going the easy route when the future of our democracy is literally on the line.

What they should have done was had four actual DEBATES of 60-90 minutes in length with five candidates per debate. The ten who gave the most satisfactory answers based on a poll of Democrat and independent voters (good luck with that) would be invited to debate each other again in a second round (two debates, five per debate). The five who did the best according to a different poll would debate each other in a third round.

I have not thrown my hat into anybody's ring yet but based solely on those four hours that I won't get back, I was most impressed with Castro and Harris. I would have added Warren to that list except I felt from the very beginning that the moderators were favoring her over others. They did that with Biden to some extent as well. After what happened with Hillary I'm extra suspicious of the DNC and the mainstream media tipping the scales, so to speak.

I know Buttigieg is having some issues with the black folks of his city but at least he was honest about his fallibility. And I realize what I'm about to say may make some folks mad but keeping it really real: There isn't a single Democratic candidate out there who's perfect. Looking for ideological perfection will give Money Boo Boo a second term. (Shit...the Russians will probably give him a second term, but that's a whole other subject.) NOBODY's going to get everything they want in a candidate...and that's OKAY.

A big part of me doesn't think white Americans will elect another president who's not a white man but just in case I'm wrong, I'm on the fence about Harris being that candidate. Part of me thinks she absolutely would hand Mango Mussolini's *** to him but part of me also thinks (insert hand claps) why the HELL are black women always expected to fix everybody's shit? Let somebody else do that shit. I want black women to take care of THEMSELVES and their own for once. Harris and a good half of those candidates need to stay in Congress (or run for senator).

All right, I'm done ranting...
    I'm gonna cosign on everything. Especially this: "A big part of me doesn't think white Americans will elect another president who's not a white man"

I am sick and tired of US being expected to fix everything in the effed up country. Black women are the most marginalized, hardest working, most disparaged and LEAST appreciated demographic in the country. We are worth BILLIONS as consumers. And we continually hand our money over to people who do jack squat for us. I don't trust polls, media or any network. I don't trust reporters either. I trust what I see for myself.

Harris was excellent during the debates and I really like her policies which she just announced. I am not a fan of Bernie at all. The irritation factor and his holier-than-thou attitude rubs me the wrong way PLUS I don't agree with a lot of what he says. I'm not a fan of medicare-for-all and I would prefer a medicare-for-all-who-want-it policy. My parents have excellent private healthcare and I don't want them forced off it by the government. I suspect there are a lot of people who agree and will vote accordingly. That's what keeps me from being a Warren supporter.

Mayor Pete = too vanilla LOL

Biden = the best chance of beating the monster.

I really like Castro.

Michael Bennett would make a good VP.

No one else made any impression on me.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU. As long as you are constantly striving to get what someone else has naturally, you will not be able to recognize the beauty in what you already have."
    ~Dee~